It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

plane vanishes en route to N.Y.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

plane vanishes en route to N.Y.

www.msnbc.msn.com

The Atlantis Airlines plane, which was expected to make a refueling stop in the Bahamas, sent an emergency signal before disappearing from the radar 35 minutes after takeoff on about 3:30 p.m. Monday, said Jose Tomas Perez, director of the Dominican Civil Aviation Institute.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This plane crashed 35 minutes after take off, and there is no evidence to be found. Was this a hijacking? Did the plane crash, or as the story says, just vanish. The fact that there isn't any evidence of a plane crash is puzzling. Even over water there is often enough evidence to distiguish the approximate coordinates of a downed aircraft. Anyway, just thought I'd post this, and see if anyone else finds it interesting.

www.msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 08/29/2008 by Coniuratus]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Coniuratus

I blame it on the Bermuda Triangle. But it looks like they crashed no where near the Triangle.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well the bermuda triangle is in the exact same area where the plane is supposed to have dissapeared

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coniuratus

This plane crashed 35 minutes after take off, and there is no evidence to be found. Was this a hijacking? Did the plane crash, or as the story says, just vanish. The fact that there isn't any evidence of a plane crash is puzzling. Even over water there is often enough evidence to distiguish the approximate coordinates of a downed aircraft. Anyway, just thought I'd post this, and see if anyone else finds it interesting.

www.msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 08/29/2008 by Coniuratus]

Over water especially the ocean you would have a very tough time finding the plane if you weren't in the vicinity when it crashed.

There would have to be wave, tide, current analogy's done to determine where it might have sank to and be done quite quickly as if the current changes so does where the planes at.

However if there was a hole in the body of the plane where the passengers where seated then eventually we should find floating debris although it may be no where near the plane.

I would wait and see if any debris surfaces before jumping to any conclusions on this one. Is interesting no mayday called unless I missed it. Have to keep an eye on this story or see if I missed something.

Edit: ah there was an emergency signal sent

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
bermuda triangle has been debunked...its a natural phenomena which sometimes erupts...research it for yo self...im guessing it crashed,hard to find plane in the ocean incase you didnt know.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

I would wait and see if any debris surfaces before jumping to any conclusions on this one. Is interesting no mayday called unless I missed it. Have to keep an eye on this story or see if I missed something.

Edit: ah there was an emergency signal sent

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Darthorious]

There was an emergency signal, but no report of radio contact. An emergency signal from a plane is a form of electronic mayday. With this being a small plane, why wouldn't there be any report of radio contact, or radio loss? And you are right, about the plane drifting, but when a plane of this size hits water, from the best I can research, the plane all but disentigrates on contact with the water. There should be floating debris.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
According to the article it was a rather small plane that crashed in a vast ocean. This is a classic needle in a haystack.

The only way of finding this plane would be if it was equipped with an E.P.I.R.B (emergency position indicating radio beacon). These are common devices nowadays. I wouldn't dream of navigating open water without one. Given the flight path of this plane, I would be stunned if it didn't have one.

www.acrelectronics.com...

[edit on 16-12-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
*edit*(Just noticed the last person summed it up well. E.P.I.R.B is usually for boats, whereas E.L.T. is for aircraft)

All small aircraft have aboard an E.L.T. (Emergency Locator Transmitter) which activates either manually in the case of a crash. This sends a signal to a satellite that relays a location to the Air Force which then can either search themselves (if they believe the craft to be military), notify the Coast Guard (water rescue) or Civil Air Patrol (land rescue, I was a member for 8 years). The only craft I've heard of that does not have some form of E.L.T. are those not wishing to be found.

"the Federal Aviation Regulations states that no person as well as Part 121 operators and operations governed by Part 135 may operate a U.S. registered civil aircraft unless an approved automatic type emergency locator transmitter is attached to the aircraft."

If the Coast Guard was out looking for it, most likely they got this signal. If they can't find wreckage, it likely sunk in the ocean.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
you know what there is a lot of in the ocean?
water....

gonna make it hard to find a plane

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
naa, they would of been looking for somewhile im guessing.. And floating Debris a defnet..

35 minutes after take off

they know where the plane was heading so they shall know where abouts it crashed.. That being said evidence of its crash should be present we are talking about a plane here not somthing small..

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
An 11 passenger plane is not large, especially compared to the ocean. There's also the assumption here that it was on course. A 35-minute radius is pretty large, could between 50 and 150 miles depending on the engine speed.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by saint4God]

top topics

join