It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 37% of Americans Unable to Locate America on Map of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I believe it and I say that because about a month or two ago I was talking about the little conflict between Georgia and Russia. I was having a beer and I made a comment to somebody about the Russians entering Georgia and the young fellow next me who was probably 21 years of age asks me and I quote" If the Russians are in Georgia, Why isnt our military trying to fight them , I mean the Russians here in our country and we are not doing anything about it?"...I shook my head, got up and walked away disgusted so I can totally agree with this. I feel for the youth of america!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Editor's note: This post is a satire.

source

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would say that sounds about right, bearing in mind Adolf Bush could not point to Iraq on a map of the ME. lets face it Americans don't travel and education standards have been falling.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Editor's note: This post is a satire.

source

Now how did everybody miss THAT!

And it's right at the top of the article!

[edit on 12/16/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If you visit the huffington post website, the article says it is meant to be satire. But I had the same reaction. I was all like, "Dude! Seriously?!?!" But as you read on it becomes very apparent. The kicker comes at the end:
"
Despite Americans' seemingly underdeveloped sense of their own geography, history and domestic policy, they did score high points on the issue of patriotism, calling America "the greatest country in the world" (47 percent), "the best state of all the Unites States" (31 percent), and "a place to definitely explore when I finally get my passport" (22 percent).
"

I like the bit about the place to explore when I finally get my passport :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join