It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Democracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.imeem.com...

So it is finally out. I realize that it is hardly fair to compare this to any previous GNR since the only remaining band member is Axl Rose, but it is difficult to avoid.

I have listened to it once and I didn't like it. I am giving it a second chance as I type this and to be honest, it is worse the second time around. The song "This I Love" is okay but I am struggling to enjoy much of the rest of the album.

A real disappointment because I really used to enjoy Guns N Roses. I think that Axl is a talented musician and had some excitement to finally hear this album.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I haven't listened to it, and doubt that I will. Though I was a big fan back when. But then the Estranged video... Ack! Still, the real reason I don't think I'll bother with the album is just the time frame. I figured it was crap to start and so no amount of time was going to make it better and he was just hoping people would be forgiving after so long.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You can listen to it for free on imeem. Just click the link I put in my first post and sign up. It is a free site, so it is worth it to sample music.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks! For free I actually will satisfy my slight curiosity. I have to admit, I almost had hope when I read a review stating that it wasn't much different than previous GnR material. The guy claimed never to have been a fan, so I didn't take the negative to mean much. That would have been good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I thought I might have to eat my words since I thought the first track was actually likeable. But after that, it fell flat and at times even further to just plain terrible. Not even a disappointment, just bad music.

new topics

top topics

join