It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings in Houston area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm starting this thread for two specific reasons. The first is to tell of my own few and far-between sightings so that I can gather further information to either confirm or debunk said sightings. The second is to compile other sightings in the Houston area.

My first sighting which I cannot explain to this day occured when I was a child, perhaps six years old. It was either 1995 or 1996; I can't remember the date, and am guessing based on the fact that the sighting occured during the brief, and only, period during which my parents were separated.
My father and I were driving east on FM 1960 and were approaching the intersection of Aldine Westfield. It was an overcast night; the clouds were perhaps a few hundred feet overhead, flying low enough to catch the reflections of street lights and of the car-dealerships at I-45 and FM1960, which is only a few miles away from the intersection. The sighting lasted for only three to five seconds, in plain view; any degree of logic dictates that more than a few people saw the object(s), because the intersection was very crowded, as always. My father spotted it, and I didn't have to look hard to find it. A single white, oblong object of indeterminate size flew at amazing speed from the south-east, followed closely by four identical objects. The general formation was like a vertically-stretched pentagon, with the other four at time forming a perfect square behind. The first object flew straight, but seemed to be tumbling; it was a perfectly symmetrical oval with a purely smooth surface. The other four were identical, but flew drastically different from the first. They wobbled and weaved from side to side, keeping perfect pace with the first, but following irratic paths; at one or more points they formed a perfect square, but otherwise were seemingly all over the sky. At their farthest, they seemed to be several hundred feet apart; at their closest, they seemed to be perhaps within fifty feet of each other. The five objects were all beneath the low-lying clouds and moved overhead within three to five seconds, leaving my father and I wondering what in the world we had just witnessed. We looked behind us, and the objects had already passed above the clouds and were gone almost instantly.
We wondered later if it may have been an airplane leaving Bush Intercontinental airport, which is only a few more miles east of where the sighting occured. This idea is ludicrous, because no planes fly at such a low altitude in that area; I've lived here my entire life, and seeing how even now my college campus is under a flight-zone for the aircraft, I'm very familiar with area flight-patterns. Whatever it was, I'm certain that others witnessed it, and often wonder if perhaps the radar tower at Bush picked it up. Whatever the case, I can find no record of it anywhere.

My other two sightings are much less dramatic, and possibly easier to explain.
One was four years ago outside of Livingston, near a small town called Coldspring. I was cat-fishing at night at a place called Double Lake, and looked up in time to witness something brilliant falling from the sky. It was no meteor; it was literally every color flashing in such rapid succession that it seemed to be every color at once. It seemed to be roughly the size of an airplane; the object was there and gone within a second, followed by a strange sort of silence. It seemed miles away, though.
The last was about seven months ago on Louetta road, approaching the intersection of another part of Aldine Westfield. I was coming over the bridge over the rail-carts and saw what looked like a large airplane several miles in the distance, flying away. I didn't think anything of it until the supposed airplane made a 90 degree rotation, and stayed for ten seconds or so, and vanished below the horizon.

These are the only UFO sightings I've experienced, but two of them have been within five miles of each other. Any ideas or sightings?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Last year I believe, there was a huge fuss over a possible sighting in Katy, TX. Since you are in Spring, I know that you have an idea of where that is.

Katy, TX UFO

Please keep posting any updates that you might have.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by cheshire cat]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here's one I dug up for ya.

www.realufos.net...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I posted this thread almost six months ago; I honestly didn't expect any replies.
Keep posting if you can find them, guys; I appreciate your help. I'll do some more digging over the weekend and post what, if anything, I can find.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Sorry, I would have responded earlier, but I had to deal with the whole Ike fallout at the time.
Oh, and thanks gatorboi for the post.
I'm going to keep looking as well.

new topics

top topics

join