It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poles Shifting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I was sitting here at my computer wondering what would happen to my computer if the poles suddenly shifted? Then I started wondering what effect would the poles shifting have on everything we did? Could the poles just suddenly shift or would it be a gradual shift?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am sure scientists have predicted the poles will eventually reverse, when they do we will lose a big part of our atmospheres protection and be exposed to masses or space and solar radiation.

Of course if your refering to slight shifts, then the worst case scenario, people get off coursed due to them referencing to true north while navigating, only it would no longer be true north... In extream cases, someone lost could starve to death etc... Maybe a ship strays into some costal rocks due to the error in calculation?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaboy
I was sitting here at my computer wondering what would happen to my computer if the poles suddenly shifted? Then I started wondering what effect would the poles shifting have on everything we did? Could the poles just suddenly shift or would it be a gradual shift?

First off there are two poles the magnetic and geographical.

If the magnetic shifted quickly it might cause EMP type of events that would erase or fry your computer.

If the geographical pole shifted your computer's time and maps would be off.

Both poles happen over time and quickly depending upon event phenomenon associated or not associated at the time of the shifting.

P.S. don't be suprized if this thread gets shifted as you've put it in the wrong forum.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Its late and yes i did put it in the wrong forum( sorry about that ). My bad for not implicating the correct pole because i was refering to the magnetic poles . A EMP type of event is what I expected we would lose all power and not even our cars would start. We would be thrust back into the stone age of such.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaboy
Its late and yes i did put it in the wrong forum( sorry about that ). My bad for not implicating the correct pole because i was refering to the magnetic poles . A EMP type of event is what I expected we would lose all power and not even our cars would start. We would be thrust back into the stone age of such.

research "hardening electronics" tins consists of shielding electronic devices and wiring from EMPs.

I'm gonna talk in laymans terms here for a second... but uh.. I'm not going to ever listen to someone say that ne pole flip may happen without the other.
It's just gonna happen together.
sure the EM poles may flip in a split second.. like.. eeep..eeeeeEEP BAP!
then.. just like any large mass of iron and other metals.. the crust will re-align itself with the GIANT FREAKIN MAGNET that it follows.. the earth's magnetic field.
so after that flip... watch out.. holy freaking catastrophic.
everybody's gonna fall on their ass at the same time...

i hope at that point.. you have recently gone to the bathroom number one and number two.
because if you hadn't...

you will.

-

top topics

join