It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperinflation And Then The Second Great Depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

HYPERINFLATION AND THEN THE SECOND GREAT DEPRESSION

www.theinternationa lforecaster.com

A future out of control, bankrupt financial institutions trying to hold on, limitation on credit severely limits ability of the economy to start up again, debt totally embraces our lives, handouts a state secret, soon cash infusions wont work for banks anymore, banks hold too much toxic garbage to even know if they are solvent We are now 17 months into a credit crisis that continues to expose the corruption and incompetence of government, banking, Wall Street and transnational corporations. The situation has not stabilized and it won’t anytime soon. All we see are sweetheart deals for elitist corporations for which American taxpayers will pay for years to come. The future of our nation is totally out of control. For the last eight years our economy has been running on something for nothing, lies and deceit. The result will be hyperinflation and then the Second Great Depression.

As we predicted long ago the only avenue open to the elitists that control our country is to hyper-inflate to avoid collapse as long as possible. In this process financial institutions, most of whom are bankrupt, are trying with the help of the American taxpayer, to hold on. In that process they are severely limiting credit, which restricts business and growth and has caused crippling de-leveraging in our economy, particularly among hedge funds. Debt totally embraces our lives and finally we see de-leveraging among individuals as all debtors and borrowers come under pressured from the lenders. While this transpires relentlessly, unemployment grows stamping out the buying power of the masses many of whom already are on the edge of bankruptcy. We have this great mass of disintegration on the bottom and massive amounts of money and credit on the top. The money and credit is not reaching consumers who have been forced to stop buying. It is staying on the balance sheets of banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies and transnational conglomerates, such as G.E.

As you can tell from our publication and its growing size there is so much negative news we cannot publish it all. The response of government has been a massive distribution of taxpayer funds and if you can believe this they refuse to tell us who are the recipients of this public largess. In spite of repeated requests they refuse to name the borrowers, so that corruption and fraud can thrive. In such an environment of aggregate creation and corruption the only investments that shine are gold and silver. The cracks are appearing in this edifice of greed and the only place to flee to is those historical stand buys.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-12-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
How close are we to a second great depression?........This gives a chilling account of what might be on the horizon. Most proclaimed that we would never even reach a recession, but the theory soon failed...........So how long will it be before this so called bubble bursts?..........My mind says surely there is a way out, but my heart and gut feeling says....."Something wicked this way comes"..It seems almost inevitable..........I sure hope I am wrong and this news is but a fabrication......................Give your honest thoughts please.

www.theinternationa lforecaster.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
On the face of it, it seems almost impossible that there would be a second great depression. After all, in the old days, people wore home-spun clothes, lived in homemade wooden shacks, and hitched themselves to ploughs to make ends meet. Surely such a situation is unthinkable in our modern era of high-speed internet, marble countertops, BMWs and Audis, designer clothes, and so on...right?

But just contemplate this: We still need food to eat, toilets to use, and medicine to cure our ailments. If, for some reason, transportation broke down (due to bankruptcy of train/trucking companies, skyrocketing fuel costs, refusal of China to trade actual goods for worthless paper, etc), the situatiin could change very rapidly. Imagine grocery store shelves emptying overnight. Imagine ATMs stopping working and credit-cards going bust. Imagine a police abd fireman strike because they aren't getting paid. Imagine electricity outages, gas shortages, and so on. In a matter of days, those spotless sububrbs we are so proud of could see themselves engulfed in a whilrwind of flames and looting.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

very good points. Think of this as well, if we do have another great depression it will be far greater than the crash of 1929, as you mentioned people, made there on things clothes etc. and knew how to live off the land...................................How many today could live off the land and hunt there on food?..............And if you live in a big city it will be kill or be killed, and dog eat dog!..................

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I seriously wish I knew how do more on my own. I believe that learning how to be more susbtianable would have been benefical in school. I have not had oil change in a year and a half because I do not know how to do it. My wind sheild wipers are broken and I tried to get someone to show me how to fix it but they won't. I was able to come up with a temproary solution that works but is very difficult. I wish I knew how to make home spun clothes; I have not had new clothes in a year and a half. Most of my clothes are at least 3 years old or hand me downs from my sister , mom or dad. Yes I wear men's clothes because my dad was getting rid of clothes and for me it was a great blessing. It was nice dress shirts and I wear them for interveiws. He even gave me a few pairs of old socks. I am going to do more research on self substainiblity. I wish I knew how to build my own house. I life in an apartment that consumes 70.5% of my income. I wish I knew how to harness the power of the sun somehow to not use electrcity. I really think that in the 1930s it was a little easier to survive because they knew how to maintain thier own living. I can't even fix a flat tire. I know how but do not have the tools. I can really see a second great depression. I have seen a lot of things in my area.
I contstantly see stray animals that people have let loose because they can not afford them anymore; they end up dead on the road. I have seen 3 houses sides by side that were brimming with life turn into boarded up shacks that were repocessed. This was just 6 months ago. I have seen 5 major businesses close; circuit city, steve and barrys, dillards,linen and things. I have heard of even more. Walmart has laid off a lot of works, Kansas City 100s of workers as well. As people we need more skills to lern how to live. Prices are not lowering but rising!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I seriously wish I knew how do more on my own. I believe that learning how to be more susbtianable would have been benefical in school. I have not had oil change in a year and a half because I do not know how to do it. My wind sheild wipers are broken and I tried to get someone to show me how to fix it but they won't. I was able to come up with a temproary solution that works but is very difficult. I wish I knew how to make home spun clothes; I have not had new clothes in a year and a half. Most of my clothes are at least 3 years old or hand me downs from my sister , mom or dad. Yes I wear men's clothes because my dad was getting rid of clothes and for me it was a great blessing. It was nice dress shirts and I wear them for interveiws. He even gave me a few pairs of old socks. I am going to do more research on self substainiblity. I wish I knew how to build my own house. I life in an apartment that consumes 70.5% of my income. I wish I knew how to harness the power of the sun somehow to not use electrcity. I really think that in the 1930s it was a little easier to survive because they knew how to maintain thier own living. I can't even fix a flat tire. I know how but do not have the tools. I can really see a second great depression. I have seen a lot of things in my area.
I contstantly see stray animals that people have let loose because they can not afford them anymore; they end up dead on the road. I have seen 3 houses sides by side that were brimming with life turn into boarded up shacks that were repocessed. This was just 6 months ago. I have seen 5 major businesses close; circuit city, steve and barrys, dillards,linen and things. I have heard of even more. Walmart has laid off a lot of works, Kansas City 100s of workers as well. As people we need more skills to lern how to live. Prices are not lowering but rising!

new topics

top topics

join