It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Defense of Christianity and the Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

Christians need to face the facts!

Simple Logic That Proves The Bible Is False

The Bible's been tampered with!!!

And on and on...

These threads and others caused me to act on this subject.

\ˌkris-chē-ˈa-nə-tē, ˌkrish-, -ˈcha-nə-, ˌkris-tē-ˈa-\

the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies

It is always good to start with a description of what we are discussing.

It does not mention thre Catholic Church. To be Christian does not force adherance to the Pope but we will get to that idea.

To be Chistian is to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ.

Who is Jesus? The son of Joseph and Mary. That is where Christianity started. Discussing the reality of a Virgin Birth is not a matter for discussion here. Most Christians believe in a Virgin Birth. The Catholic Church is based on a Virgin birth.

To be Christian is to believe in the resurrection. If you believe that Jesus died for your sins and was resurrected on the 3rd day then you are Christian. We will not discuss the reality of his marrying Mary and fathering a child. That is for non-Christians to debate. Christians do not debate this fact unless it is regarding Hollywood.

The Virgin Birth, the Resurrection and finally his teachings. The most important teachings of Jesus for this discussion is the Beatitudes.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Verse 3)

Blessed are the meek: for they shall posses the land. (Verse 4)

Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted. (Verse 5)

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall
have their fill. (Verse 6)

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. (Verse 7)

Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God. (Verse 8)

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Verse 9)

ex]Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Verse 10) [

To debate these 8 ideas is to debate the weather. These ideas are non-agressive, non-mind controling.

So my supposition is you are left debating man. Which is always a great way to start fights but never a good way to disassemble a religion.

God wanted us to have free will. That is a fact. What man does is up to him. Follow God or not. God sets the rules. It is your choice to follow them.

Man says you are EVIL. Man says you will need to be tortured for not believing, not God.

The Church made enough mistakes to fill Libraries.

But the belief system of Christianity and Catholics is beautiful and peace loving.

This is rambling but I hope you get what I am saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I guess defense is not as interesting as "Mary was Knocked up?"

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well If I were you guys, I would be moving the ancient materials out of the Vatican, It might be the target of a Ninja Attack ... followed by a brief flash of light from some oppressed lied too people.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I would expect nothing less from you...

The Church hold the secrets and deserves to be bombed.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

\ˌkris-chē-ˈa-nə-tē, ˌkrish-, -ˈcha-nə-, ˌkris-tē-ˈa-\

the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies

It does not mention thre Catholic Church. To be Christian does not force adherance to the Pope but we will get to that idea.

Roman Catholic is the Catholic church!

Or did I miss something here?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

To be Christian is to believe in the resurrection. If you believe that Jesus died for your sins and was resurrected on the 3rd day then you are Christian.

Only according to Paul. Jesus is the example I am to follow. I'm sorry, but he is not a superficial sacrifice like people sacrificed animals before him. That is a lie. That sacrifice is for the world of Satan, by sacrificing the truth the lie can live, and it does live until the return.

When the rich man comes to Jesus, does Jesus tell him to just believe he will be resurrected and to fear not because he was going to die for him? No, he tells that man to go sell his riches and walk the path, for it is easier to get a camel though the head of a needle than a rich man into heaven. And yet, according to the church this same rich man has no troubles getting into heaven.

The christian church is the church of Satan. Jesus talked of the narrow path, for wide is the path of destruction. And the catholic church has a long history of being on a path of destruction. A wide path where even the rich man gets into heaven. Where Jesus healed people with understanding and enlightment, the church killed anyone who went against them.

The only true church is the church you build inside which is built from knowledge, understanding and experiences(that which makes up wisdom). The physical church is a cheap imitation.

In the time of Jesus, they did not have the word christian. If you followed Jesus you were a Jew. As such when he referrs to a church, he is talking about knowledge and understanding, and what is considered the physical church is a synagogue.

He will tell the christian church he knows them not, as per Matthew 7.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Revelations 3:9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[quoteGod wanted us to have free will. That is a fact. What man does is up to him. Follow God or not. God sets the rules. It is your choice to follow them.

Well, why didn't you just make this the whole of your post? You clearly have God's direct extension, as you know exactly what he wants/thinks, etc.

Also, I enjoy how the topics of Horus, Krishna, Minerva, etc. are for non-Christians to debate, according to you. If there were several different cultures that all had gods that were just like yours, down to fine details, one would think that one would want that information, so as to not make a foolish choice, and to find one's back against the wall, fighting to defend erroneous beliefs simply because they did not have all the pertinent information when they decided that they had truth.

Reasonable people, when presented with new information regarding any topic will review the things they thought they knew, and revise as appropriate.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes Christians do not involve yourselves in intelligent discord.

Just believe that Jesus was the one and only son of God born of a Virgin and died on a cross only to be resurrected and float up to heaven or else you will go to hell.

Do not question the guy who puts himself before God. Thats blasphemy and you will burn in hell for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Where oh where does the Catholic Church fit into this? The Pope declares he has the Authority to do away with the PRECEPTS of CHRIST. I dare say the Pope pus himself ABOVE GOD and sits in a seat claiming to be GOD and we know what the KJV says about that guy claiming to be GOD, don't we?

The Catholic Church is pagan in Origin, holds Pagan rituals and rites, keeps dead bodies under all it's Cathedrals in Direct violation of God's Laws, worships Mithra with it's Easter and Christmas Masses, both Pagan rituals.

The Pope uses the Jesuit arm of the Church to foment death, murder, overthrowing of peaceful governments, taking of properties, fighting two sides of the coin in Hegaliansim.

You want to follow GOD, then do as HID WORD says not what some moron at the pulpit of any so-called church says... For man is wicked and deceives the children to follow that which God has warned against...

I think the verse you should have quoted should be where Jesus as you call him said, "Why do you call me LORD when you do NOT do as I say?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That's more like it.

Hatred and bigotry.

"The Catholic Church is pagan in Origin, holds Pagan rituals and rites, keeps dead bodies under all it's Cathedrals in Direct violation of God's Laws, worships Mithra with it's Easter and Christmas Masses, both Pagan rituals"

Holy Cow... I love the uninformed.

"Only according to Paul. Jesus is the example I am to follow. I'm sorry, but he is not a superficial sacrifice like people sacrificed animals before him. That is a lie. That sacrifice is for the world of Satan, by sacrificing the truth the lie can live, and it does live until the return. "

"for Satan?" Where the heck did you hear that?

"The christian church is the church of Satan." You ask for proof from Christians. Prove that ridiculous statement.

I am defending Christianity in general and Catholics in specific.

Catholic=Satan Fine. That is your belief. The Pope is mine. He is Gods spokesman on Earth. That is mine belief.

I believe that the Church does not hold Masonic secrets in the basement; does not have proof of aliens in the garage.

I belief that the Pope is not the anti-christ and does not sacrifice Jews and children.

I believe. You believe. Sweet.

I have not spoken about your intelligence. I respect and disagree. I simply want to let the members know that the Church has followers that want to defend it from scurrilous attacks.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"for Satan?" Where the heck did you hear that?

From god. You see, you think you need the pope as a spokesman from god. What you fail to realize is that God and the holy spirit will speak directly to you and you do not need a middle man.

The pope is just someone who props himself up as Jesus. He is the anti-christ position. He who tries to take the place of god, to decide who should live and who should die, who should be forgiven and so on.

"The christian church is the church of Satan." You ask for proof from Christians. Prove that ridiculous statement.

I thought you didn't need to see a laundry list of evil the church has done. Jesus says I will know them by their fruits, and I can see plan as day that the church has done it's works in sin. They killed those who disagreed with them, instead of healing them as Jesus did with understanding and so on. This corrupted fruit does not come from the tree of Jesus.

I am defending Christianity in general and Catholics in specific.

You are defending Paul and the church of Satan. Those who claim to be christian but really aren't, proven by their works.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

The only reason you are this over-the-top angry is you have been personally harmed by someone involved with the church. That is all I can guess.

"It is the Church of Satan because I say so."

O.K.

I hope you come to peace in the future before you self destruct.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It is truly amazing to see people so violently against a religion that preaches peace and treating people with respect, and doing no harm. Someone, it seems many members cannot separate PEOPLE who supposedly adhere to the precepts of a religion but do evil things, from the RELIGION itself, which does NOT promote evil.
No one is saying that there have no been "bad" popes, or priests that were pedophiles. However, every religion has had people that did evil things. That does not make the religion evil- only the people who commit those evil acts. In the year I have been a member of ATS, it amazes me to see the absolute hatred in people against religion, especially the Catholic Church. I have also seen the hatred of many members against people of the Jewish faith, who cannot seem to separate the acts of some people who happen to be Jewish, and do evil things, from Judaism, the parent religion of Christianity and many other of the world's religions. In addition, I see too much condemnation of Islam because of the evil acts of some radicals who CLAIM to be acting on behalf of Islam, but are really acting on behalf of political radicals, hiding behind Islam.

I thought that the motto of ATS is "DENY IGNORANCE", but some seem to think the motto is "ESPOUSE IGNORANCE".

There are good people and their are evil people, and to attribute their acts to a specific religion is as bigoted as attributing the acts of a criminal to his/her race or national origin.

People should be better than that here. ATS claims to have "intelligent members". Such attacks against religion do not show me that intelligence.

In addition, the ignorance that I see posted about SUPPOSED things that religions "preach" would be comical, if they weren't so evil in intent.

I need not give examples, because I am sure we'll see plenty of them on this thread. Why should it be any different today?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Thank you for your post. I am catholic and proud of it. The Catholic Church shaped culture for the love of the poor and for others. They built hospitals, school, universities and they permit the evolution of society into a more human world where love is at the center.

top topics

join