It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticides + Obesity = Death ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Lately we have heard of our water being contaminated with a multitude of drugs; farmers being harrassed that try to grow organic, natural foods and
most recently a family coop was raided for offfering fresh, natural foods.

Today I saw this on the news... *they* were reporting that vitamins are useless and we should not even take them & yesterday I received this information in my email from a friend:

www.naturalnews.com...

This article spells out how the pesticides they are putting on our foods are making us obese. Of course I am sure the pesticides are doing much worse things than that. Pesticides + Obesity = Death

How are we to survive this madness? Does anyone have a clue on how to stop our government from killing us slowly? I realise we all have to die sooner or later but I am not in a hurry to die because of what I eat.

My 1st topic. Hope you'll take it easy on me. I really want to know how others are digesting all of this B.S. from our government!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What the hell! Nice find. This is terrible, do they realy think we are that stupid? Its just one thing after another!

Starting to realy despise the government!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
nope, we just have to wait till the sh*t hits the fan!
I think alot about how to possibly survive this mess. but the more i think about it, the more desperate it get's

there must be something to do right?

[edit on 11/12/08 by GondelleX]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I think I was reading too much into the 'obesity conspiracy' angle.

I was beginning to think they were fattening us all up for an invading alien race to feed off,or something.

Breaking it back down to base level though,it's just the same old story.
MONEY MONEY MONEY.

If someone can get away with making money selling you high fat,disgustingly over processed food...
Then someone else can make more money selling you ridiculously expensive,ineffective meds with promises of 50lbs of fat loss without dieting or exercising.

Here's the key to busting it wide open and breaking their profit cycle.

STOP EATING EXPENSIVE PRE-PACKED,PROCESSED,PRESERVATIVE LADEN,NUTRITIONALLY DEVOID FAST 'FOOD'.

Is it just me or is it that simple?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Perhaps you did not read the article. It is not talking about processed foods or fast food. It says: ALL foods except organic foods have been sprayed with pesticides.

"plausible and provocative to associate the obesity epidemic to chemical triggers found in our modern, polluted environment. "

How are you going to stop eating food completely? Is growing your own or buying organic is the only option?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Organic farming is a great dream, but on a mass scale it won't work. Farming is like everything else. It's all about profit. If you don't make a profit you don'tkeep your farm. It's hard to make a profit when boll weevils dystroy your cotton crop, or potato bugs ruin your potato crop.
Pitting bug against but is good, but not every thing has a natural enemy in every area.
Finding enough manure to fertilize crops on a large scale is not as easy as one might think either. (Unless you can get the stuff the shovel by the ton daily when congress is session exported to the rest of the country. sorry, I just couldn't resist) Gone are the days when farmers keep livestock on their farms.
There are natural pesticides that some plants produce, but the companies aren't interested in developing these.
The agriicultral giants that manufacture seed and chemicals don't want farmers to function without them. They are even going so far as to make it illegal for farmers to hold back seed from their crop to plant the next year.
The pesticides, and probably the herbicides that are used are part of the cause of the obesity epidemic, but most of the problem is fast food, and a lack of excerise . Most of us spend out time sitting in front of the tv or a computer screen typing out messages like this one.
Remember, if it comes through a window, it's probably not food. If it wasn't food a hundred years ago, it's probably not food now.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cindy22761

Yeah I did read it,and I still manage to get my supplies without supermaket,mass produced poo.

Yeah it's difficult,I go to an organic supplier,but the results have been more than an eye opener.
If people want to try hard enough,they'll find a healthier option.

If it gets so bad that they cut off the 'bought' option,I'll just stock up the stuff I eat when I go camping out,ie wild plants,herbs.

That way they still don't get their hands on my cash in exchange for garbage.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Foods that you eat that have pesticides on them:

Apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, etc.

These are not fast foods

How many people are going to scourge the woods for their

families food? If coops and farmers are being led to NOT grow or distribute

healthy foods than how are we going to eat healthy? Why is our

government so eager to keep us unhealthy and obese? Quit blaming the

people for a system that is flawed. Yes, people can buy organic IF they

can afford it. What about the multitudes that can't afford it? What I am

trying to say that keeps getting misread is that pesticides on our foods are

killing us ! What are we as a people going to do about this?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Eventually if having a small plot of land to grow herbs and other foods caught up, they'd make that illegal too.

Population first needs to be drastically reduced in a humane manner, if we don't then it'll give only more power to these psuedo food manufacturers. But as was seen on other posts throughout the forum, people don't like to control how many kids they have because of damn selfishness and they see it as an attack by the nwo. The sheer stupidity that bounces back and fourth amazes me.

new topics

top topics

join