It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox To Beam Day The Earth Stood Still Into Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Fox To Beam Day The Earth Stood Still Into Space

www.rense.com

LOS ANGELES Business Wire) -- Twentieth Century Fox makes history by transmitting the first motion picture in to deep space, making THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL the world's first galactic motion picture release. The first deliberate deep space transmission of this highly anticipated science fiction thriller will begin this Friday, December 12, 2008, to coincide with the film's opening day on Planet Earth. If any civilizations are currently orbiting Alpha Centauri, they will be able to receive and view the film approximately four years from now in the year 2012.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Biting onto the whole 2012 Conspiracy Prediction thing, I find this coincidental to say the least. What if some race gets this movie transmission out around Alpha Centauri, and then they're like, "Whoa, great idea, let's go wipe out the Human Race for fun this weekend.", and then they hyper-travel here, and wipe us out. It would definitely explain the whole end being 2012 thing. And oh the irony of our demise coming from a movie broadcast. Television is evil to begin with. How funny would it be if that one little broadcast brings about the end of the Human Race?

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i will both cry at my death, and laugh at the hubris, we were arrogent enough to broadcast this movie, and then some aliens see this and say "hey lets do that", we would be the cause of your own destruction, rofl. can anyone else say they would laugh if this happened, man, i must have one twisted sense of humor

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If it takes the movie 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri, I guess it will take at least another 4 years for the incensed Centaurians to come here and wipe us out for polluting their airwaves.

And it won't matter by then because that will be after Obama's term as President, and by then he'll have made friends with everyone, even our alien neighbours.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am serious when I say this.....normally movie previews do not bother me in any way no matter how "scary" or creepy they are intended to be.

Yet every time the commercial for this movie comes on it sends a nasty cold chill up my spine and I get the worst feeling in my gut. Every single time.

I think they may be closer to the truth than they are letting on.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That's really scary if you ask me. Why can't they send Superman, Spiderman or Hancock there. At least they'll think we have super powers and leave us alone. lol

Remember what happened in Galaxy Quest don't you.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Ya, I'd have to agree. I do get an uneasy feeling when I see this commercial, especially since its every other commercial it seems. I also think they are letting on and or conditioning. And why is FOX beaming THIS movie into space? I don't know, just makes one think a little.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by brad1717]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
That's really scary if you ask me. Why can't they send Superman, Spiderman or Hancock there. At least they'll think we have super powers and leave us alone. lol

Remember what happened in Galaxy Quest don't you.

Hahah Galaxy Quest!!! I crack up every time I think of the way those aliens laughed...priceless.

On topic, I can't think of a single reason why they would spend money to do such a thing. Rich, Greedy Hollywooders spending their precious money to send a movie into space? I don't see the point..

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just watched it.

Rubbish!

The original (as usual) was a far better movie and had much more atmosphere and the decent story.

I spent most of the re-release waiting for the famous line .. that never came.

"Klaatu Barada Niktu"

Anything for publicity these days. Stupid!

ps...they probably didn't waste the money actually broadcasting the movie into space but spent it on telling everyone they did.

Hollywood...as creative as a brick with a crayon.

join