It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some threads deleted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Especially when they talk about anything to do with drugs or advocating legalization of Marijuana (which I am not for) when other threads that advocate
something illegal do not get deleted?

For the record, I dont smoke pot, I dont drink and I dont do drugs, aside from the occasional RX painpill, so Im not an advocate of doing these things.
The reason I bring this up is because I saw a post that was at the top of the page, meaning it had enough flags to get up there, that had something to do with pot but when I clicked on the link, it was already gone.
This isnt an isolated incident either, everytime I see a post of that nature, it doesnt last very long and I recall at least one time when the OP of a thread like that asked for an explanation and was told that because it was about something illegal, it was against the T&C.

Come on now, this is ATS, Ive seen threads calling for the overthrow of the US Government, making plans to enter a highly restricted base (although these were mostly fantasies, the premise is the same) and threads calling for support for a British Citizen, whos fighting extradition to the US for hacking into Pentagon and NASA computers.

There are many, many more examples like this, those are just the most extreme that came to mind.

Im not trying to stir up trouble, I dont wish to be post banned again

Im just curious as to why there is a double standard when it comes to what is considered a violation and what isnt.
And while the idea of legalizing drugs is a completely stupid idea, ive seen worse ideas on here that were allowed "under the radar"

[edit on 12/9/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
theres a place for drug threads its calleed R.A.T.S. Really above top secret.

you need to pay a fee but then you can talk about anything

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Thanks but thats not the point of the thread. I dont want to discuss drugs, I just wanted to know why certain things are a little more "policed" than others.
Its kind of like the mods at ATS are doing exactly what some people come here to complain about.
Over policing, allowing some things to slide, with a wink, while others catch their wrath etc..

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This may provide a more intrinsic understanding...

The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

... otherwise the ATS Issues Thread is the venue for these type questions and concerns.

Thank You

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join