It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver Spheres/Orbs--What are they?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

Hah! Okay, got me there. I still can't believe that Vallee would himself be that naive. But you are right. He did say it or that alas appears to be the case. (Anyways, very interesting reference you provided). I wish we could get him here in front on us and ask him to explain himself and to explain the physics that powers these craft and keeps them er "flying".

I still stand by my contention that it is absolute total crap that "we earthlings" have such technology. Or at a minimum, I will stand by my hypothesis that there has never been any aircraft built by humans that derives its flight characteristics by anything more advanced than simple "lighter than air" zeppelin-like flight or "action-reaction" and Bernouilli-effect flight.

Anyone who has evidence to the contrary, please explain.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
On the subject of Dr Valee and those orbs being military probes...

While in the military I had a TS/SCI clearance. The only probes I ever saw used were the UAVs Hunter and Predator, which by the way gave great video feeds of operations over Bosnia.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

I know you are here to plant the seed of doubt and all, but are you serious? These Metallic Spheres have been seen since at least the late 30's early 1940's. You are gonna tell us that the U.S. has had them all that long? And are dumb enough to expose them in the newspapers like that in the most important war at that time?

See guys this is how COINTELPRO works. It seeds, and seeds, and then you are a robot of controlled thoughts. Not that I want to particularly accuse Alter-Ego of being in a government agency, but you still work the process. Someone has seeded you and now you pass it on to others and seed it in them.

If you ever see one of these, the feeling you get will be so strange. It is like the damn thing is talking to you directly. Suddenly out of the blue you will be strangely compelled to look up, and bam, there it will be. Just wanting you to look at it.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by The Coward]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward

I know you are here to plant the seed of doubt and all, but are you serious? These Metallic Spheres have been seen since at least the late 30's early 1940's. You are gonna tell us that the U.S. has had them all that long? And are dumb enough to expose them in the newspapers like that in the most important war at that time?

Hi buddy, nah they weren't "dumb enough to expose them in the newspapers" per say... but they WERE available, according to Vallee' in technical publications such as Aviation Week or Defense Electronics.. but you know that cause you READ the article.. right?

See guys this is how COINTELPRO works. It seeds, and seeds, and then you are a robot of controlled thoughts. Not that I want to particularly accuse Alter-Ego of being in a government agency, but you still work the process. Someone has seeded you and now you pass it on to others and seed it in them.

OH CONTRAIRE!!! Im counting my un-marked bills as we speak! Thanks Uncle Sam!

If you ever see one of these, the feeling you get will be so strange...

More than likely that would be the TACO BELL you ate for lunch.. but hey, what do I know.

All joking aside my friend, I understand the point you are trying to make. I just have a tendency to search and exhaust all possible Earthly, or Terrestrial explanations first... before I go labeling something a UFO... and even then that does not mean ALIEN... just unknown.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

well I have expert knowledge that those silver orbs are 1500 MPH - weather ballons.

Oh, really......

I saw a sphere, but it was at night- it just wasn't silver. And it was NOT a 1500 mph weather balloon. This little gem was about the size of a grapefruit, and as solid as the table my computer is sitting on. It came within 15 FEET of me, and was doing about 20 mph. Maybe less. When I saw it come up the road, I swore up and down it was a bicycle light- until it did a perfect 90 deg. turn into the woods, flew about 30 feet in, and disappeared. BTW- it lit up the woods just like a lantern would. The fact it was just a light is what made me about wet myself. Then, I turned around, and *I* disappeared down the road as fast as I could have ever possibly moved.

When I have a chance, I'll do a 3d mockup of it. As for weather conditions... It was a quiet night, mid 70's, no wind, no storms, perfect night to go out and watch the satellites and stars. Which is what I was doing. The sphere was always at chest/ eye level (4.5- 5 feet off the ground), and I believe it had gotten maybe another 3 feet in altitude as it went into the woods- the woods sloped downward into a valley 20 feet away from the road.

Here's something to ponder- the house I was coming up on had like a half dozen of those loud yappy dogs who think they own the house, the yard, the road, and you intrude even if you are 40,000 feet in the air... Nada. Not a peep out of those dogs. That thing should have been a chew toy before it ever got to me.

One other point. Along this road is a Monastery- and up the road from the entrance, I always, ALWAYS heard this low, weird hum. it would be so close, but I couldn't see a thing except woods. I have directional hearing, so I could 'see' where the hum came from, but there wasn't anything there to be a source. it wasn't machinery... It was almost like people doing it- but it never changed tone, it never quit.

BTW- I never went outside at night there ever again. Now matter HOW nice it was out.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeBarna

I first joined this website/forum in the spring of 2006 because I had been seeing silver orbs in the sky of my backyard on several occasions, and I was looking for possible answers.

I thought they could be balloons but they would seemingly move slowly against the wind. On one occasion during a backyard party in the summer of 2006 I saw an orb and pointed it out to a few people who also saw it. It was windy that day and the orb just hung stationary in the sky, then started climbing and disappeared.

Since then I discovered that someone who lives about 10 miles from me had shot very good video footage of some orbs. He lives east of me and most of the orbs I've seen came from the west and moved east.

With some more searching on youtube I found that some other people who live west of me had shot some video of orbs, moving east.

They could just be balloons, but seem to move against the wind.

I haven't seen any in about a year.

Anyone from Long Island or NY?

This is the guy's video footage shot about 10 miles from my house.
Long Island Orbs

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

You mentioned "thin film refraction"? What is that?
(I know what refraction is, but not how it relates to thin film. Are you referring to the material the orb might be made of ?)

Have you seen any more since 1999?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I guess it should more correctly be referred to as "thin film interference". This is the phenomena that causes the bright colors to be displayed when light is reflected off a layer of oil.

In a solid, reflective mirror-surface, the light is reflected once. But if the surface is covered by a thin film that transmits light, the light will reflect from two surfaces. This link explains it:

Thin Film Interference

As the light wave is reflected at its surface, it experiences a 180 degree phase shift. Depending on the index of refraction and film thickness, the two reflected waves can add or cancel. Since sunlight is made of a whole range of frequencies from red to voilet, each frequency will have a different behviour, depending on the thickness of the film. The film has to be approximately the thickness of the wavelength of light to exhibit this behavior.

My comment was intended to suggest that the sphere (in my case the color was silvery and a bit golden) but there was also a sort of reddish tinged coloration on the edges which implied to me that the sphere might have a film covering that was of a thickness and refractive index to cause constructive inferference of light rays in the red end of the spectrum of visible wavelengths.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

This is the guy's video footage shot about 10 miles from my house.
Long Island Orbs

Its nice to see some good footage shot by a professional. Too bad the sphere was so far away, but many of his shots are quite good. Still too far away to see if these are the same surface as the one I saw. note that when viewed with the eye, it might look like a light in the sky which I assume is just the fusiness of the reflected light from a reflective metallic or pearly surface.

I feel very lucky I was able to observe it for quite a while through binoculars. It is an interesting question as to how long they hang around. In my case, I was able to determine by checking with other reports from BC that someone had seen a similar appearing sphere near some skydivers about 50 miles to the east, up the Fraser Valley by Chilliwack, a few days later. Also someone saw a sphere by a high flying jetliner in northern Vancouver Island a few weeks later. So this suggests to me that they maybe tend to stay in the same region for several days and that they might in fact be part of a long term monitoring program of the planet.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I see what you're saying now about the thin film. Brought me back to my physics (optics) classes.

I have seen many of the silver orbs from 2006 to 2007, which is right about the time that guy from Levittown Long Island shot that footage. I did see another orb about 6 months ago and nothing since then. I live about 10 miles west of that guy and wondered if we were seeing the exact same object, since the objects have always moved west to east.

You haven't had anymore sighting since your first one?

One thing that has been interesting me is how some people say they feel something almost like being they're being prompted to look at the sky when these things float by. I have also felt that. Walking past my window on a few occasions I felt something prompting me to look out at the sky, and there is the orb!

Maybe it has something to do with magnetism or other energy.

Have others felt this?

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBarna
I posted this on the end of another thread. It's what I posted on the NUFORC site from my personal experience. I know that spheres are real. I don't know that they are. Anybody out there with credible insights?

By the way, I've been flying airplanes for almost 28 years (USAF and airline). I know airplanes.

I think you just answered your own question.

Perhaps you know too well what happened to you that day, but maybe its easier to fall back into the logical and hear the wisps of people trying to understand something they do not know as you reflect.

When you reflect, they reject
When they reject, you protect
When you protect, they accept
When they accept, you define

Since when is reality only one sided? I thought everyone had their own interpetations and insights based upon their experiences, no more or less, just a point of view.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I regularly check the NUFORC.org site to see what kind of sphere activity has been going on lately. This one sounds eerily familiar.

NUFORC.ORG

Wish there were more details.

[edit on 1/15/2009 by JoeBarna]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here's another recent sighting along I-77 in Ohio. A common thread between this sighting and the one I listed from NUFORC allege a kind of "mental suggestion" to explain what they are seeing. I find that most interesting since I experienced something similar.

From the UFO Examiner
OH, May 15, 2009 - Observed a silver sphere.

I was in my truck, a 'dock-high' box style on I-77 heading south going to Akron from Cleveland at 2:35 in the afternoon. I do local freight deliveries for a living.

The weather was 72 degrees, road was dry, sky was bright nearly cloudless with clear blue sky, no haze.

Just past State Rt 18 is the State Rt 21 split where I-77 curves to the left [mileage marker 136] after which I-77 travels for a straight section about two miles long.

I had just completed the curve and was beginning this straight section eastward. Naturally my point of focus is on the road and my mirrors. But in my peripheral field of view I noticed up ahead and slightly to the left of the freeway a bright spot low in the sky. It was either directly above or beyond a wooded area adjacent to I-77 known as Fort Island Park in Fairlawn.

Looking directly at it I saw the bright light to be what seemed to be shiny silver sphere. I would say it was about one mile ahead and a hundred yards to the left of the freeway. It wasn't real large [huge] but wasn't tiny either. It was about the size of a quarter held at arm’s length.

I often drive this road between Cleveland and Akron. At first I thought ‘that’s curious, WTF?’ My first thought was it seemed similar to and was positioned relative to the freeway to one of those aviation warning devices suspended along high tension lines seen near airport runways but those are normally bright orange. I dismissed this possibility as I knew there weren't any airports over in that area. I continued observing it noticing its reflective qualities strugling to justify what I am seeing.

Then for some reason I decided what I was seeing was a blimp that just happened to be pointing directly head-on and so it would appear spherical and that any moment the blimp would deviate and I would see the normal side length appear. Keep in mind that Akron is home base for Goodyear's blimp and it's not uncommon to see it flying up to Cleveland for Indian's game coverage so seeing a blimp is not unusual around here. I stared at it for a good fifteen seconds or so. I remember saying to myself 'what is that??? What is it? It was a good distance away so detail wasn't clear but it seemed as if it was a mirror like reflective quality. I remember thinking I'll get a better idea what it is when I pass it up ahead.

I looked away because I needed to checked my mirrors prior to changing lanes from center to the slower right hand lane. After successfully changing lanes I tried to relocate the sphere it was gone. I thought it must have moved momentarily out of sight behind an approaching tree line and I would see it in a moment passing by but it never did reappear.

The object appeared relativly stationary. I did not see it move from it's original point.

Coincidentally a few minutes later when I was in central Akron area there in the sky was the real blimp which is painted primarily dark blue with the word GOODYEAR down the side. Nothing close to what I saw up the road. I realized this blimp [the real one] is much smaller than the object I’d seen earlier particularly because this blimp was closer than the object I saw previously. I knew it couldn’t have been the same object because I was going a lot faster that the blimp normally travels. It was only when I saw the real Goodyear blimp that I couldn't explain what I'd seen earlier.

Is this common thread of "mental suggestions" the reason behind why more folks aren't reporting sphere sightings??

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Another video, this one concerning a sighting over Belfast in June of 2007. This is an accurate depiction of what I saw. The photos are most interesting.

YouTube Video

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

thanks for sharing your story with us JoeBarna,

based on what you have described , it appears to me that you did encounter something strange , and imo a mundane explanation is not going to work for this sighting.

something hovering and then after taking a shot at it ...it rose up to the clouds, does not sound like a balloon to me. i would say there was a reaction to your action.

i have read a few story's about people shooting at these sphere's and there is one particular case that closely resembles what you have described but unfortunatley, i can't seem to find that story. ( i hate when that happens) from the story's i have read, you are not the only one to have seen one of these ufo's and shot at it.

of course the question is: what the heck are these things ? there have been thousands of sightings of this type of ufo. as previously mentioned by thecoward, the foofighters of ww2 stand out for some reason when looking at this particular ufo phenomena. some speculation on my part would be, these metallic sphere's when operating at a higher speed or higher frequency , appear as a light, due to some electromagnetism effect. i am just guessing here but it makes sense to me. rather than speculating that there is two different kind of ufo's, to me it makes more sense that they are the same. balls of light and metallic spheres, might be the same thing ?

the ufo i have witnessed, started out as a light really high up in the atmosphere and as it descended towards me it grew bigger in size. so technically, i don't think my sighting was of a metallic sphere like you are discussing in this thread(i could be wrong). i would describe the ufo that i have encountered more like what was seen in the Portage county, Ohio UFO Police chase incident. this was a 50-80 ft. diameter saucer shaped, light ship and closely resembles what i saw. another example would be the Chicago Ohare UFO sighting where a metallic looking light ship was spotted.

as i mentioned already,... can the same ufo appear metallic and at other times, as just a light ship ? that's what i am trying to figure out.

i seen the youtube video you just posted so i kinda have a better idea of what your trying to describe and i thought i would post a couple things just to see what you say about them.

this video from Gulf Breeze, Florida and shows a really interesting sphere type ufo. is it metallic ? i don't know. (posting this to discuss the sphere ufo's not the bigger crafts)

Jeff Willis video...

Jeff Willes Thread

[edit on 25-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This may be a bit of a stretch for many -
but I think it is very interesting...

9/11 Orbs, The Exotic Energy Theory
We are dealing with Star Wars. It involves the combination of creating an atmosphere that will support electromagnetic waves, ground-based, electromagnetic field oscillators called gyrotrons, and space based ionospheric heaters. Particulates make directed energy weapons work better.

sparkoflifemedia.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I believe its some kind of probe, possibly military.....possibly not.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thank you for the input easynow. The Florida video at 2:18 does show the same kind of object I saw.

Personally, I've gone way past accepting what I saw 34 years ago. What really irritates me is how I've treated this incident over the years. I had absolutely no compulsion to tell anyone for about 20 years. Then I started thinking about it, and finally started using the internet to search for similar sightings. This report hit home.
Anamoly Blog Silver Sphere Report
It hit home because of the similar feeling of keeping it to myself. And it makes me wonder how many others are out there who feel the same?

And finally for your sighting. There is definitely a story to be told. I look forward to hearing the whole saga. I hope you find the proper way to tell it soon.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thank you for the input easynow. The Florida video at 2:18 does show the same kind of object I saw.

hey no problem Joe, glad you shared your story with us and brought this up for discussion. i find this particular ufo subject fascinating. i had a feeling you would pick out that exact spot on the video. it's probably the clearest shot of the Sphere and it almost has a metallic appearance. i personally think that footage is real.

Personally, I've gone way past accepting what I saw 34 years ago. What really irritates me is how I've treated this incident over the years. I had absolutely no compulsion to tell anyone for about 20 years. Then I started thinking about it, and finally started using the internet to search for similar sightings.

yes we are on the same page about that. personally i tried to just put what i saw out of mind and moved on with my life. i was young and there were more important things to do, like chasing girls and making money. i only mentioned my story to just a few friends over the years and of course they laughed.

from your link....

. Years later I told some friends while partying what I had seen and all they said was give me some of what you are on.

that is one of the reasons i don't like to talk about it much. now if i am talking with other people that have seen something strange like yourself then the giggle factor disappears to a certain extent.

most people that have not seen a real ufo can't comprehend or accept another persons story. i would be willing to bet that most debunkers and skeptics have never had a close encounter, if they did they wouldn't be so quick to dismiss evidence with mundane excuses. it's the fear factor of their belief system being destroyed. like i said it's one of the main reasons i don't like to share my story. the ridicule one receives when talking about this is disappointing.

This report hit home.
Anamoly Blog Silver Sphere Report
It hit home because of the similar feeling of keeping it to myself. And it makes me wonder how many others are out there who feel the same?

thanks for the link, that's a very interesting story ! i believe there are many others who never told anyone about their sighting.

is it because we are so attached to the 3-d material world that paranormal events witnessed fall to the bottom of the list of priorities ? or is it just because we can't find any real answers and we just put it out of mind ? the psychology aspect of this is interesting.

one of the reasons i kept my story to myself was i had no real proof and felt i would be seen as a ufo nut or delusional. if i had pictures i might not have been so quiet about it.

And finally for your sighting. There is definitely a story to be told. I look forward to hearing the whole saga. I hope you find the proper way to tell it soon.

yes maybe someday i will be able to share it with everyone. it's a long story with too many details to just sum it up in a few words. i will admit, the public ridicule factor has inhibited my enthusiasm about presenting the story for discussion and if i ever feel up to the challenge of arguing with all the non believers who will try to put their spin on it to dismiss it ......then maybe.

i wanted to post these story's about ufo's that were seen in the 1500's. there were sphere's or round ufo's involved in these events. it seems these type of ufo has been around for a long time ?

UFO sighting over Basel, Switzerland in 1566

On August 7, 1566, at dawn, many citizens of Basel (Switzerland), frightened, saw during several hours the black spheres involved in a formidable aerial battle, invading the sky of their city: "at the time when the sun rose, one saw many large black balls which moved at high speed in the air towards the sun, then made half-turns, banging one against the others as if they were fighting a battle out a combat, a great number of them became red and igneous, thereafter they were consumed and died out

www.ufoevidence.org...

another ufo battle with all kinds of craft or objects...

UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561

At dawn of April 4, in the sky of Nuremberg (Germany), a lot of men and women saw a very alarming spectacle where various objects were involved, including balls "approximately 3 in the length, from time to time, four in a square, much remained insulated, and between these balls, one saw a number of crosses with the color of blood. Then one saw two large pipes, in which small and large pipes, were 3 balls, also four or more. All these elements started to fight one against the other." (Gazette of the town of Nuremberg).

The events lasted one hour and had such repercussions that an artist, Hans Glaser, drew a woodcut of it at the time. It describes two immense black cylinders launching many blue and black spheres, blood red crosses, and flying discs. They seem to fight a battle in the sky, it also seems that some of these spheres and objects have crashed outside the city.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've been seeing these UFO orbs as well. Matter of fact, i saw about 8 last night, some going at incredible speeds and others just cruising and making odd turns. I was just having a smoke so i didnt have my camera with me. but below is the video for what i did capture in april. i thought it could have been the ISS but after seeing them now on several occasions, i dont think it was. have a watch.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join