It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The panopticon economy: The NSA's new data-mining facility is one component of a growing local surve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The panopticon economy: The NSA's new data-mining facility is one component of a growing local surveillance industry

blacklistednews.com

Source: San Antonio Current - Greg M. Schwartz

Surrounded by barbwire fencing, the anonymous yet massive building on West Military Drive near San Antonio’s Loop 410 freeway looms mysteriously with no identifying signs of any kind. Surveillance is tight, with security cameras surrounding the under-construction building. Readers are advised not to take any photos unless you care to be detained for at least a 45-minute interrogation by the National Security Agency, as this reporter was.

There’s a strangely blurry line during such an interrogation. After viewing the five photos I’d taken of the NSA’s new Texas Cryptology Center, the NSA officer asked if I would delete them. When I asked if he was ordering me to do so, he said no; he was asking as a personal favor. I declined and was eventually released.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV´s) and Space-Based Domestic Spying Surveillance technology the U.S. Government is now watching American citizens under the guise of disaster management and controlling the U.S. Mexican border.

The Terror Industrial Complex is about the only industry that the US is still on top of...

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wasn't this a Pentagon thing? Total information awareness or something? Is it the NSA now - I know they have lots of computer capability, but now they're data mining inside the US, too, huh... not surprised.

On a previous ATS thread, we calculated how much data storage it would take to store all the cell-phone conversations (compete voice + data) made in the US, for one year. We came out with a number around 20,000 terabytes of data, using known compression methods. Not beyond what a large-scale data warehouse would be capable of, especially with the kind of budget government agencies can throw around.

Mix in advanced phoneme recognition datastreams coupled with specific voice resonance envelope a sideband for PCM differential, and the actual storage would be much more compact, and analyzable. Plenty of room to start storing red-light cameras....

join