It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal Energy/Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Long time lurker here and first time poster. I have been wondering something for as far back as I can remember and I will sincerely try to explain this the best I know how.

I tried explaining it to my wife one day only to have her laugh at me.
Here it goes.

I can create this energy like feeling inside my upper body. Please bare with me. I do not know if it something as simple as exercising muscles or what. It's main focus is the center of my chest and extends to my lower stomach and up to my head.

I'm not tense or anything and I can move while I'm doing it. I can only do it for a few seconds because it just gets too much or tiresome so-to-speak.

The only thing I notice from it is that it increases my heart rate as if I went on a fast walk. Any explanation would be helpful and thanks in advance. I just don't even know how to begin researching what it is my body is doing because I can make it start and stop whenever.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
what would u call th energy ,anger or spirit,or energ can be alot of things

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hmm I suppose it depends how open you are but personally.

I get the same feelings a lot, my perception on it is our Chakra system but that comes down to personal perspective.
Though I seriously suggest looking into you, you might find by practicing it you are able to concentrate this energy and circulate it around your body for 10minutes at a time. You'll feel amazing!

The reason behind not being able to hold this state for a long time is due to grounding yourself in work with the Chakra's. This energy is a current running around your body, in order to maintain it you need to ground yourself.

It's all visulisation, mind, body & soul working as one.

Well I hope this gives you something, if not maybe it will lead you somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I can do the same thing, except for me it goes all the way down my spine.

It's most likely a muscular phenomenon, probably involving an obscure muscle squeezing a nerve. It would be similar to twitching your ears, as only certain people have learned to use those muscles. It being muscular related would also account for how it's difficult to continue the sensation, and how it increases in intensity with effort. I have also noticed that if I try to keep it up, my spine will get itchy, kind of like what happens when trying to use weak/new muscles.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i have studied traditional chinese medicine and chinese martial arts in china.

You can look at this in several ways, like a previous poster mentioned, the chakra system, there is all the energy meridians and channels in the body.

There are energy centres in the body, and by cultivating energy and opening your channels you can notice many sensations and over time, gather a lot of force or qi.

the point you mention is the heart energy centre, or in chinese medicine, the shazhong point.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the stomach area you talk of is the dantian, the lower dantian, just below the naval internally is the main energy centre or store for qi. I wonder before I go into more detail, how are you creating this sensation?

Is it through breathing or simply focusing on the area.

I would suggest you google qi gong. Perhaps you have a good ability for something, and if you work on it you cah see great benefits.

So do you meditate, what is your diet like etc? How is your mood, let me know about yourself and I can perhaps come to a better conclusion.

thanks,

Pre

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
prahna, qui, chi or 'the force',,,"may (it) be with you, always."

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by predisposed
the stomach area you talk of is the dantian, the lower dantian, just below the naval internally is the main energy centre or store for qi. I wonder before I go into more detail, how are you creating this sensation?

Is it through breathing or simply focusing on the area.

I would suggest you google qi gong. Perhaps you have a good ability for something, and if you work on it you cah see great benefits.

So do you meditate, what is your diet like etc? How is your mood, let me know about yourself and I can perhaps come to a better conclusion.

thanks,

Pre

I'm sure it's nothing special however, I would just like to now what exactly my body is doing. I am doing it right now when I type. I do not mediate. I'll try to be more descriptive.

When I start it's main focus is in my stomach and pressure on top of my head and then some weird feeling in my legs as if their losing blood. I just don't know how to describe it. It leaves me feeling tired and a subtle lasting tired sensation in my head.

I simply do not know what's going on. As I said, every time I do this my heart rate goes up faster and my body just gets tired if I do it several times in a row.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Since I'm unable to U2U! another member, can I bump this thread for some more reasoning/thoughts?

Thanks.

top topics

join