It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common currency, passport for C. America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Common currency, passport for C. America

newsinfo.inquirer.net

The eight leaders vowed to promote "a regional conscience that instills people with a sense of identity and belonging to a united Central American region," including "perfecting the issue of a Central American passport and the adoption of a single Central American currency."

They also resolved to "standardize laws" in the immigration, education, and security sectors "that will give greater cohesion to Central American integration and that ensure citizens the benefits of that integration."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This looks like the integration of countries. I have read a lot on ATS that would lead one to believe that we have people in control that would like to 'integrate' all countries in the world...

Will North America join this 'central America' thing soon, too? What is going on with all of the 'unions' ?

newsinfo.inquirer.net

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

This looks like the integration of countries. I have read a lot on ATS that would lead one to believe that we have people in control that would like to 'integrate' all countries in the world...

Will North America join this 'central America' thing soon, too? What is going on with all of the 'unions' ?

newsinfo.inquirer.net

I hope so. We need to integrate the world before we destroy ourselves out of some artificially constructed system of separatism/nationalization.

A large number of 'countries" today have been formed from many smaller areas. USA, Canada, and Mexico are all countries borne from a collection of smaller political bodies.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

No, North America has their own Union coming. Central America has it's in the works... it probably won't be long before South America starts getting ready for a union.

3 separate regions of the Americas. I can't see the 3 future unions joining though.

On the other side of the world, we already have the European Union in place and completed. The public is already getting quite comfortable in that union... it's just a matter of time before other areas do the same.

Do I like it?
Nope.

Can I do anything about it?
Not lawfully, or without getting people killed.

Will I do anything about it?

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Makes sense for them to function as one political entity. Separate they're a bunch of small nations that hold no real sway anywhere. Together, they hold much more bargaining power on the world stage. I won't comment on a one world government or North American Union, but in a vacuum, this move makes a lot of sense.

join