It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

533,000 jobs gone in Nov.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You can tell that the whole economy has gone to heck when 1) illegal immigrants are having a hard time finding ANY job, and 2) YOU can't seem to be able to get a job that illegal immigrants do/used to do.

I guess thats why I can't tell, because....all the illegal aliens I know are still workin, and I just acquired a job that I do. And as far as I can tell there's still plenty of places hiring, well over 100 job postings in seattle today....not even noon.

You should come to the PNW, I think you'd dig it.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm not usually a doom monger, but I think that before we're finished with this economic disaster, we will all be a lot poorer and a lot more stressed about how to make that next mortgage payment on a house that's worth less than the amount borrowed.

What we are facing is very, very dire, and if you're not worried, you should be.

Remember that the stock market is not a reflection of the current state so much as it is a predictor of the future state, with that in mind you can reckon on 2009 being a year that most if us would rather forget.

If you have a job, start working harder, because you'll need it more than ever.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

LOL! You're kidding right? How can one make a change of scenery when we're already struggling to stay in our current scenery? You think moving is cheap????? My lord! Honestly, how young are you that you think you can make these carefree decisions? I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Zindo here... It isn't as easy as you think it is, and you will learn that once you become older (and in my case, when you're married) You start seeing life with a more mature perspective.

I dunno, I think that there is a huge difference between a mature perspective and a bleak one masquerading as "realistic".

My business has picked up considerably, and I have to admit I have no idea why. Perhaps it is because my customers are corporations who have to reduce their risk.

<< 1   >>

join