It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Americans Trail Europeans in Sexual Promiscuity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Study: Americans Trail Europeans in Sexual Promiscuity

www.foxnews.com

British men and women are now the most promiscuous of any big Western industrial nation, followed by the Germans and the Dutch, researchers have found. Americans come in at No. 6 on the sexual promiscuity chart, according to a study from Bradley University in Illinois.

In an international index measuring one-night stands, total numbers of partners and attitudes to casual sex, Britain comes out ahead of the U.S., Australia, France, the Netherlands, Italy and Germany.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I realize that America is close on the heels of Europe in going down the moral sewer. Still, I find this to be a very interesting study because in some of my debates with atheists they have made the opposite claim. I think this survey is reflective that in America there are at least a few people left that are heeding the Biblical teaching against fornication .

It is particularly interesting that the UK tops the list in promiscuity considering that:

In the United Kingdom, a poll in 2004 by the BBC put the number of people who do not believe in a God to be 40%,
en.wikipedia.org...

In contrast the most comprehensive surveys on religious identification at the Graduate School of the City University of New York report that 76.5% of Americans call themselves Christians.
www.adherents.com...

While I do not believe that their are that many real Christians in America it is enough to reflect a greater number than predominantly secular Europe. I believe this is a correlation to the contrasting statistic regarding sexual promiscuity.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
In contrast the most comprehensive surveys on religious identification at the Graduate School of the City University of New York report that 76.5% of Americans call themselves Christians.
www.adherents.com...

Who could believe that the high clergy from this God-loving country was actually summoned before The Holy See and asked to reprimand the fornicating priests who like to take little boys behind the altar. The devil surely has his own easy-to-see-through priorities.

76.5 % of Christians. That's quite a number:

7 + 6 =13

7 + 6 + 5 = 18

I wonder what Revelation 13:18 is all about . . .

Jesus commands you!!! The Holy Spirit comm

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Hey, I just saw this thread!

I realize that America is close on the heels of Europe in going down the moral sewer. Still, I find this to be a very interesting study because in some of my debates with atheists they have made the opposite claim. I think this survey is reflective that in America there are at least a few people left that are heeding the Biblical teaching against fornication .

Well said.
Someone just came out with a new 'study' saying that abstinence programs don't work.
I guess they didn't look at that study!
Times online UK

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Clearskies]

top topics

join