It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Difficult Oil" what a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

In both our scenarios, harder-to-extract oil – from the deep ocean, remote areas such as the Arctic, and from oil sands – is needed to fill the supply gap that opens up around 2015. Using our technology and skills to help deliver this difficult or frontier oil, and doing it in environmentally responsible ways, is central to our business strategy.

from the shell website. Have you seen the new commercial where they say they are "ready to meet the challenge" (everyone loves a challenge, that sounds a lot better than "last ditch effort") up to the challenge of drilling for "difficult" oil. A much better term for their purposes than say, "exhausted resources". They also explain that this oil is "trapped" deep within the earth, and it's part of Shells responsibility to come up with innovations to make this accessable to us. Hey, that oil is trapped, we better help it out of there! Why aren't they doing more innovating on better energy options? This commercial made me fully realize that the idea of other energy options just will not ever get the deserverd attention until this earth is tapped out of any other option. I wonder how people cannot notice this trend in how we are taken as complete idiots. I'll bet that no one would accept the idea that rape is "difficult intercourse"; how is this any different???? someone help me understand how they continue to get away with this so blatently, the commercial is horrible, i honestly thought it was a joke at first, that maybe i was watching Saturday Night Live or MAD tv, i couldn't hardly believe it was real. It gets played a lot on the channels that a stereotypical ATSer watches...Discovery, TLC, HISTORY. ect. tell me your thoughts on this folks.
And it would be GREAT if someone who was an ATS subject expert on oil or energy could comment, but alas i do not have any of them on my friend list yet, there is a gal who is extremely educated on oil and energy here, but i forget her name, can someone help? I'd like to get an experts opinion on "difficult" oil.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
heres a link to the commercial. srry i couldn't imbed the vid, this one doesn't have the option, i'll look for one that i can do that with, but here's a link until then, click here
so doesn't ANYONE have an opinion of this? it needs much attention, i'm not point surfing, but no one has brought this up, and to me it definately belongs in the conspiracy section. Does anyone have good links and sauce to proven alternatives that are being ignored? that would be greatly appreciated. My son is almost 7, and i dread having to explin to him why my generation left him with a world devoid of resources, we need to help this matter through better education of it, PLEASE help ATS, i'm not very educated myself in this area, that is why i want to further the discussion, it's our duty to try and understand this better!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Alternative energy sources are in development but meanwhile we need the oil to sustain ourselves. Ultimately the markets will decide if this difficult oil will be extracted, if the price is high enough versus cost of extraction it will be done.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
Alternative energy sources are in development but meanwhile we need the oil to sustain ourselves. Ultimately the markets will decide if this difficult oil will be extracted, if the price is high enough versus cost of extraction it will be done.

it's my understanding that alternative have been invented and proven for 20 years or more....i have seen good proof of this but cannot find it...HMMM?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is lots of alternative energy out there but most is still more expensive than the good old oil.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

yes i've seen that too. i like your quote about how rape is difficult intercouse, and to me it's a perfect example of how they are changing raped oil to difficult. GOOD JOB!!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You can also use "pond scum" and the algea to make oil!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
There is lots of alternative energy out there but most is still more expensive than the good old oil.

oh yea, i know about those, but chouldn't shell be pouring money into those innovations to make it more affordable instead of this? also i'm talking about wlternatives that are WAY more efficien, and patents exist for it, but they will not allow them to come into play until we are empty of all other options. I have seen proof, but i cannot find it again, hopefully someone will help!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by guliver

no kiddin!!!!!! i never heard that one...can u provide sauce on it????? please? ii'm afraid this thread won't take off unless some of us find good examples of stuff they can do, and choose not too. if it's expensive...don't people realize how expensive "rape drilling" will be? we are talking about a drill with sevel elbows that goes MILES into the earth, that has gotta be more expensive than friggin algae!!!!!!!

star and flag anyone that thinks this needs attention, it's the only way we can hope to get the experts to chime in!

top topics

join