It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants destroy NATO convoy in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Militants destroy NATO convoy in Pakistan

www.msnbc.msn.com

PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Militants in northwestern Pakistan attacked trucks ferrying supplies to NATO and U.S. forces in Afghanistan on Monday, killing two people and destroying a dozen vehicles, witnesses and police said.

Meanwhile, a suicide bomber killed eight people and wounded 40 others at a military checkpoint in the region's Swat Valley, police said.

The spasm of violence comes amid a spike in tensions between Pakistan and rival India over last week's terror attacks in Mumbai, which New Delhi has blamed on Pakistani militants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The attack on the U.S.-led coalition trucks took place at a terminal in Peshawar, which sits along the supply route from Pakistan to Afghanistan. The city has seen an upsurge in violence in recent weeks, including the slaying of an American working on a U.S.-funded aid project.

As each day passes i believe that USA will be in Pakistan very soon.Everything that happens lately is related to Pakistan...the attacks in india "against" US and UK citizens and now this.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Obama always wanted into Pakistan.

It freaks me out how nicely everything gets set up for these politicians.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am under the same opinion...everyday something new comes against Pakistan. I believe that by next year we'll be there.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Some of yus need to go on leave, you have been surrounded by over 25 factions of peshewar, all fighting in an evil war where the rules are no one survives. Your beleif in political aims and goals are just war weariness. There isn't any other goal but to survive. That is the only mission of your military to kill until the killing of U.S. soldiers stops. Now keep your head down don't move too much, and don't bunch up.
It's a falicy of high tech training the war zone needs to continue to be swept for the explosives before believing anyone is an ally. As you travel through the middle east you will be killed constantly by those claiming to be non-combatants. High tech training makes you believe you can pin point terror with a satelite. Some one should have pointed out that iud ya thinK?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I seriously doubt we will get involved directly in Pakistan. However, I do see us using the back door in disguise via India. We will back up India as they create turmoil for Pakistan. That way, for the most part, our hands will be clean.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Darn militants!!! I was in a few of my own convoys when militants just jumped up and started shooting at us. For no appearant reason! Jeeze... We shold go wax 'em!!!

As long as you are running a row of vehicles through an area you are not wanted in... This will happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
how connected are the "militants" in the hills and villages of the northwest to the guys at the top with the keys to the nukes. Are they in separate worlds, so to speak, or bosom buddies?
gotta wonder .....
not an easy place to figure out.
and therefore scarier than most

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Now we know who benefitted most from the attacks in India. Pakistan has nothing to offer the U.S. but hostility. What this shows is that the war against terrorism is a long ways from being over.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What i love is the fact that they state that they attacked NATO AND US supplies...isn't US in NATO? Couldn't they say just NATO?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
cool out! I here somebody comin' "Jkd up" get the posse go into town and waxed them terrorist. The job here is to kill them before they nuke themselves. Now, no more belief in any wearing a towel unlesss she's real cute. Everyone should be considered the enemy.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Does anyone really think that these actions are the result of the Pakistani government?

The region that call Pakistan is mostly an arid wasteland, that has never in history been a succesful, self-governed state...

This is more the action of local tribal warriors... or people that align them self to the local militant leaders...

Now, i do not trust the government of Pakistan as much as the next guy, but the actions coming out of the region do not have the marks of the Officails of Pakistan...

new topics

top topics

join