It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vivid Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey it's been quite some time since I've had a vivid dream like I used to back during my early childhood. I miss it a lot.

Can someone please give me some direction or tips as to start having more vivid, meaningful, powerful, and/or spiritual dreams?

Thanks.

Also, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. My bad, I wasn't sure where to put it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperDylan

get a filter that removes flouride from your water...you probably have some caking on your third eye.

other than that maybe some meditation before you sleep?

speaking of meditation..there is another global meditation

it's an all day event so anytime you have some freetime feel free to join in

let's see if they ban me for talking about meditation..lol

some dna repair may help
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Nebadon]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This may help, it almost always works for me.

Normally I sleep 5 hours per day, sometimes less, rarely more. And I too do not usually recall any dreams after awakening, probably because I sleep so deeply when I do. But I did find a technique to invoke, or rather remember, some really vivid dreams. Sometimes they are quite lucid dreams too.

What I'll do before bed is to set my alarm clock to awaken me about 3 or 3.5 hours after I go to sleep. When the alarm goes off I'll get up for 30 minutes, but for no longer. During that 30 minutes, while I'm still quite sleepy, I'll drink a couple tall cups of strong coffee (I'll keep it ready made and hot in a thermos so I don't waste time making it while I'm up). I'll also suck down a couple cigarettes. The point here is to stimulate the mind while still quite sleepy. If you don't drink coffee or smoke, you will have to find alternate stimulants (maybe those Monster or Rockstar energy drinks will do the trick).

After 30 minutes, but no longer, I'll go back to bed (don't forget to empty your bladder first, ha). Because I'm still quite tired, and because the coffee hasn't really kicked in yet, I'll drift back to sleep almost immediately. What then follows, and probably because of the stimulants and possibly having previously tricked my brain into going into wake-up mode, are very lucid and vivid dreams during the next couple hours of sleep.

Now, you may need to adjust these times and stimulants to suit yourself, but I've mentioned this to others and they say variations of this method has worked for them. It probably has something to do with stimulating the mind while still needing a bit more sleep.

Good luck. If you figure out a technique that works, I'd like to hear about it too.

Oh, if you have an audio recorder, maybe an MP3 player/recorder with microphone, keep it handy near your bed in case you wake up from a dream. Make note of it before falling back to sleep. Sometimes we'll have dreams that awaken us at night but forget about them before morning. I've found some surprising recording in the morning.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebadon
reply to post by SuperDylan

get a filter that removes flouride from your water...you probably have some caking on your third eye.

other than that maybe some meditation before you sleep?

speaking of meditation..there is another global meditation

it's an all day event so anytime you have some freetime feel free to join in

let's see if they ban me for talking about meditation..lol

some dna repair may help
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Nebadon]

any tips on how, exactly, to meditate? I want to learn how...how much time must be dedicated to it? My problem is that I am a full-time college student and I work an average of 25 hours a week...so fitting it in seems difficult...but important.

join