It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-12 Active Already

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Whilst browsing for information on the X-30... I came across information on the J-12. Somebody like to explain some of this that hasn't already been said?

www.geocities.com...

China's Jian-12 or J-12 (F-12 for foreign markets) is 5th generation multirole jet due to fly by 2012 and enter service by 2015. It has been codenamed XXJ by US's Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI). J-12 is destined to be China's top-end fighter along with the Su-30MKK when it will be introduced.

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.aeronautics.ru...

HONG KONG--The ongoing modernization program of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) is resulting in ever closer ties with Russia and with Aviation Military Production Corp. Sukhoi in particular.

www.emeraldesigns.com...

Somebody like to explain some of this stuff?

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, they are testing the J-12, it is under development.
Funny, the J-10, the 4th generation multi role fighter is also currently under development: www.air-attack.com...
It will be deployed around 2005

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Whats further interesting is that two premier information sites have LITTLE on this. WIll check Janes when I get a chance.
J-12 (Jianjiji-12 Fighter aircraft 12) / F-12
J-12 (Jianjiji-12 Fighter aircraft 12) / F-12

And little to none to be found on the www.

IMHO, by the time this aircraft makes the scene in the projected time frame, 2013-2015, there will be countries about to release possible 5.5 to 6th Gen. aircraft of this type.

seekerof

Fan

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, do u guys believe in Chinese Speed??
That's construct and Finish a 380 meter building in one year.
Let's smile and see when this jet will show its presence.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
this will be barely a 5th generation aircraft, looks like a stealthed up version of an f-15.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It's at least 10 years away from being operational so really there isn't much to say about this fighter.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
J-12 might end up being equal to the F/A-22 and be in service early like around 2010.

The reasons are:

Russia is helping them build this fighter.

Europeans this year will lift their arms embargo and China will have access to Western Military Technology.

China I fear will be a threat to USA interest in the Far East thanks to the Europeans.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
they claim 2012 as the deadline, but planes often take much longer to put to service then is projected. IMHO this will be a plane a half gen behind todays F-22. And by that time the F-22 will probably have an upgrade package, not to mention that the US will probably have an A2A unmanned air craft by this time.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
first of all 2015 thats along time away but i would like the chinese to make an aircraft that is at least a thret to US jets first and the j-12 being equal to the F-22
i never had such a good laugh before.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I highly doubt it's supposed to be a match up of the F-22. Seeing as the length of time that it'll take to make it. Come on, the US will have something twice as better by then.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The J-12 will be in about the same class as F-22 but by that time F-22 will be upgraded to higher standards.

Some info about J-12

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
The J-12 will be in about the same class as F-22 Out,
Russian

that is complete bullcrap, the chinese wont have that capability in couple of decades

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

that is complete bullcrap, the chinese wont have that capability in couple of decades

With the help of Russian sold tech they will.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
What I am betting is that the design will be enhanced and tweaked all the way up to roll out.

Here's what I think the Chinese are doing with this:

The basics of the J-12 will be laid out, a standard gen-5 fighter that is comparable to the F22. I'm betting this step is already done. While the Chinese haven't (that we know of) built a J-12 yet it is possible that they have computer designs finnished.

The reason they are waiting to build the J-12 is so that they can learn from others first gen-5 fighters once they roll out. I'm betting that the Chinese are paying very close attention to the F-22 program and the Mig MAPO program so that they can see what ideas can be skimmed off.

Then The Chinese designers will go back to the original design, and mod it to be better than the F-22 and Mig MAPO. So in essence the plane will have had major upgrades before it was even built.

This has the advantage that the J-12 will roll out in 2012 (give or take) which is right around when economists predict that the Chinese will emerge as the largest economy, and when the Americans are in an election year (leaving them politically voulnerable.)

When the fighter rolls out en masse, Chinese designers, and their Russian friends, will have sure that the fighter is on par or better than the American and European designs. Remember also that the Chinese have the advantage of numbers, even if their fighter is not quite as good as an F-22 it will probably have at least a 10 to 1 advantage over the American fighter in numbers, which turns to a huge Chinese advantage.

The world is changing people, China isn't just a big thrid world country anymore, and thinking any less of them is very dangerous.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
but the russians also dont have anything to match the f-22 and by the time the j-12 is in service we will have hypersonic fighters

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No US will not have any other aircraft in service by the time J-12 will come into service.

New generation aircrafts are built every 20-30 years or so.

So if J-12 will enter service in 10-15 years from now US will still be using the F-22 but they will be upgraded maybe to 5+ generation.

Out,
World Military

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Actually russian "black projects" don't care what generation it is so there's your answer.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Actually russian "black projects" don't care what generation it is so there's your answer.

Black projects do hit big production.

5-10 max.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
but if we were faced with loosing air dominance we would mass produce our black project to ensure we stay on top.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Astral City

Yea right. Chinese is waiting for the NEXT of the NEXT of NEXT F-22 successor to come out, which the Chinese can mold after and have a better design.

This Chinese version will be due right around year 20015 (not 2015).

Let us not hold our collective breath.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join