It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know it's thanksgiving but I feel horrible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Now I've had a pretty rough day. I woke up today with some girlfriend problems first thing in the morning. Later tonight I got in a small, but heated discussion around 9/11 and bombs being used. I was sitting next to two very conservative members of my family so you know it was basically punching a wall - but I usually enjoy this type of thing. Finally, my grandfather is dying from years of smoking early on in his life - and another relative doesn't look any better. I know people die but this in particularly is a very symbolic death in my reality - as my grandfather is very much like myself and I spent a lot of time with him playing with electronics (and computers). Then, I realized my financial situation is actually much worst than I had previously believed. I might also mention that my cousin who is a mechanical engineer is part of a shut down department in the company, and they are trying to ship him to Colarado for a different type of position. This is a sign of really bad times my friends.

So, now that it's 10:23 I am very tired but honestly I feel like crap. I can only imagine this combination of things is what has got me down but it feels deeper than that. It seems all of these things have happened before in one way or another in my life but I never felt this upset.

It's not crying upset (it usually isn't with me), but it's more of a real bad gut feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me something is wrong.

I was just wondering if anybody else has a bad gut feeling this evening in case it's an animal instinct feeling rather than my emotions. Otherwise than sure I'm just upset.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You are not alone, there are so many things going on right now on nearly every level. It affects us all. Seeing people I know losing jobs, evictions, repossessions etc. then just watch a few minutes of the evening news, or read the paper. The economy, wars, rising tensions, rumors of global economic collapse. Iran, Israel, Russia, Venezuela, new administration taking over in Washington terrorist attacks in India... I could go on and on.

I believe it is more than a gut feeling, it would not take much to cause a major international incident right now leading us into even more dangerous times.

There isn't a lot to be optimistic about these days, so it is understandable why you feel this way. This current economic crisis will affect everyone at some point, some worse than others.

You are not alone and the numbers are growing exponetionally now.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Please,

I know life is hard, its tough to see people deteriorating around us, knowing the inevitable will come, i know others dont care about our so called "conspiracies"....I know how frustrating that is, trust me. But please, thank your higher power for the things you do have...And even if you dont realize it, you have many.

I'm not preaching, not on purpose, but please, consider yourself lucky that you wake up, that you can smell the flowers, that you can eat, that you have loving relatives, the fact that you presumably have many things, whether animate or inanimate, it is reason to give thanks. So many people dont have anyone, live in shelters, etc, please do give thanks for what you have and i dont care if your higher power is your ceiling in your room, give thanks, for others are much worse.

God bless.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

I feel for you my friend, what your seeing in your immediate life is a reflection of whats going on in the bigger picture. whatever peoples views on a NWO, or 2012 or any other end of the world scenario, we certainly seem to coming to a critical point in history.

whether or not we should be glad we're here at this time to see it is debateable, letshope those of us who give a ** get through it.

my thoughts are with your grandfather.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Cheer up , I know You have alot on your plate my friend but be thankful for the fact that even though everyone may not agree (who's family does?) You guys were able to be home safely and talk of your differences. what you're going through is temporary and you'll be fine , you seem to have just taken it all in at once... I'm off to succumb to this turkey induced coma I feel settin upon me. Happy Holidays

PS

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

If THAT didn't give you a smile then nothing will

top topics

join