It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant Based Aliens, ok, convince me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I belive it was a post on ATS but I cant seem to find it... that said there was an alien speices based on photosynthisis.. well, ok ... tell me what you know and where you got it from ... muchos garcias fenasio's

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I read an article by the SUN newspaper about 8 or 10 years ago (Tabloid, actual odd news mix) about some scientists who claimed that 'people would be very surprised to learn that some alien species are actually fungi' or something to that effect, 'or fungal in makeup.'

I thought that was interesting, since fungi grows rapidly under the right conditions.

Rip a arm off, you grow another one by a day, or something.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
How hard is it to believe in photosynthesizing alien plant life on other planets?

Not very if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Hi BornPatriot,

I remember first reading about the concept of ET's that utilized elements of both plant and animal when I read 'Majestic' by Whitley Strieber years ago. I guess it's as probable as anything else when you factor in the age of the universe. It's quite possible that such a species has evolved but whether they take on a bipedal form is another thing.

If you think about it, an ET species that could utilize photosynthesis would probably be more suited to interstellar travel than we are. They certainly wouldn't need to store as much sustenance on board like humans would.

IRM

top topics

join