It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do aliens use money >?<

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I sure could go for one of sporter models you know 30' circular that sort skip across the sky. but the mothership is also a good choice -- or is all property communal. hum, the future of need vs want vs cost... how did they solve the supply demand equasion; or did they - they still use a form of monitary system...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You should read Alien Mind, its a free download. The closest thing you can find to an alien economy, which is basically a moneyless resource based one, would be the venus project. Thats how all ets I've ever heard about live. And one day we will too. Its a high tech version of what the natives have always lived with. Absolute sharing, with technology freeing everyone to pursue their interests and share them freely with the world, much like open source code, ie. linux.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why bother, money is flawfull. If you can calculate how many inhabitants are within en empire and monitor it real time and the gross value of all products, production and consumption you can make a point based system that is maintained on how much a certain profession is needed and crossreference it with risk involvement and complexity and you can make a system with no really poor people and no real overly rich people at the same time. The colletaral result is a populance with no absolute poverty or overindulged wealth and thus a healthy balance civilization based on credentional values that are constant and deceide what someone can buy control by the state who uses the overview of logistics to keep the economy even and balances it out once every year.

Of course, you need a non-corruptable government and an economy based on non-profit companies. Such a thing is only possible in a semi-based democration crossreferenced with a dictatorship. But menkind neither has the calculative power, selfcontrol and the political system to do that. Then again, I only happen to know one empire 'out there' that was capable of maintining such a system for an extended period of time.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by AncientShade]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The quality and quantity of Life, without motive.. interesting...
quality: if all are equal, why get up in the morning..? and what happens if I feel ill.... I mean I went through the military and they are sort of Social.
I wonder what would happen if you went through the CHOW line and took all of the staleberry steak. would it be a peer pressure to suppress greed or does greed have a place in the future like it did in the 80's Greed Is Good.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah, I've always wondered how come some aliens get the nice shiny ships while others get stuck with those big clunkers that look like top hats.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Our motives aren't based on slavery. The point of the venus project is to do away with monetary ties and manual drudgery with technology. But there certainly is work, chosen, out of interests and joy. Any visitors are professionals as in doctors and scientists, or militia, or belonging to organizations. From the accounts about longer living ets, it seems their children go to school 150-180 years. Life is a lot more advanced, with real choices that allow you to grow, and retraining when you wish, for any number of professions or experiences.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh good lord. Can we please stop with all of these trivial threads, and get back to discussing something of substance?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I believe they do use money of a sort, credit really. Ever hear of American Express cards? They use Galactic Express credit cards which are of course backed by the Rothschilds...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theindependentjournal

I have learned that other places in the universe is no different than here on Earth.Yes they use currency things including horrors may be even worse than here on Earth count your blessings. (IT'S THE SAME ALL OVER).
edit on 21-11-2015 by VinceCaporizzo because: Miss spelled a word

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Because of the risks involved in making purchases from across the galaxy they most likely use Pay Pal.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Because of the risks involved in making purchases from across the galaxy they most likely use Pay Pal.

Yes! Absolutely true...even I have a pay pal account...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Convenient when one orders as many genetic re-tests as you do.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes, of course they do.

Cow innards are the currently accepted means of intergalactic remuneration which is why they consider earth to be similar to a space alien safety deposit box.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Convenient when one orders as many genetic re-tests as you do.

Ya know...while Pay Pal may be convenient...I've only done 2 DNA tests, and, they were testing different areas of DNA...SO...sorry man, no "re-tests"
Besides, the two I have are sufficiently interesting...but, as we both know, all of that went right over your head...

But, buck-up laddie; I'm thinking of yet another DNA test...different than the first two...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks to South Park, all I was thinking about was Space Cash...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!

No. The aliens do not use money.

The are a hive mind. They have no private property, no privacy, and no dissent. They are all telepathically linked, with the same agenda: to obey, and to work. This goes for the hybrids as well. They may look like us, in fact the last stage hybrids look completely human, but they are not. They are still alien, slavishly obedient and hive-minded.

There is a very rigid hierarchical structure, everyone knows their 'place'.
Equality is not on the menu, nor is independent thought, dreams, or aspirations.

Say goodbye to art, literature, music, love, and family. No room for them.

Frankly, the aliens regard most of the things we do, and almost everything that is important to us, as a complete waste of time. And they are planning to put an end to it.

Unless we get very serious, very fast.

new topics

top topics

join