It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo seen in Brisbane, Australia 26/11/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hi all this is my first post. I've been visiting ATS for a while and have been meaning to sign up, and what I saw tonight prompted me to do so right away!

I was driving home from work tonight, around 12:50am (I 'officially' finish work at 1am so don't tell my boss), and I exited the South East freeway at Cornwall/Juliette St exit heading South and stopped at the traffic lights at the end of the exit ramp.

While waiting for the traffic lights to change, I spotted two lights in the sky heading in my general direction. They were offset to my left around 20-30m and were moving from South to North. The lights looked similar to airplane lights but were not blinking like airplane lights, although at one stage the light on my right flared slightly brighter than the other. I was not able to discern the object's shape clearly, but i could tell the lights were on the same object.

The purpose of this post is not to prove the existence of ufos to non-believers. I'm hoping someone might have a seen the same object, or perhaps have a logical explanation for what I saw.

It seemed to be about 200-250m high and about the size of a small airplane, like a cessna or something. There was heavy cloud cover but it was beneath this cover. It was moving silently (I had my car window down), slower than a plane that low would move but faster than something would drift in the wind (of which there was little to none).

I was on a oneway street so I couldn't turn around, I pulled the car over and got out to look but the object was obscured from my view by trees and houses. I ran across the street but I was unable to spot the object again. The sighting lasted approx 20-30 secs.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by WeAreAllGod]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
No pics ??

I too saw something strange last week, i didn't want to post anything here because people will give you a hard time without pictures ...

Keep your phone out or have a camera ready when you finish work next time .. good luck

Regards

satellite1

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by satellite1
...people will give you a hard time without pictures ...

This is generally true and as a story with no pictures can be frustrating and easily fake I can see why.

There's merit in posting all sightings though as it motivates people in the local area to pay more attention to the sky. Keep your eyes peeled.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The problem is.
Pictures can just as easily be faked as words these days.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

not so much for the old school 35mm kind.

Negatives shut up people screaming photoshop real quick.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah unfortunately no pics. I only had my camera phone which is garbage, and in any case its a bit hard while driving. My main purpose for posting was hoping someone in the area had seen the same object.

new topics

top topics

join