It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kosovo blast sends shock wave to Berlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Kosovo blast sends shock wave to Berlin

www.iht.com

A small explosion in Kosovo is quickly growing into a much bigger incident after the authorities in the capital, Pristina, arrested three Germans, alleged to be intelligence operatives, in connection with an attack on the building that houses the European Union's special representative there.

A judge in Kosovo remanded the three men - who media outlets there and in Germany have reported are members of the German foreign intelligence agency, the BND - to 30 days of investigative custody Saturday
Last week, thousands of protesters took to the streets of Pristina to oppose a plan to create separate chains of command for Serbian and Albanian police forces operating in Kosovo, with the police in the ethnic Albanian areas reporting to the EU and the Serbian police in the Serb-dominated northern part of the country reporting to the United Nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This could get interesting. From what I gathered from the article, this seems like an attempt at organized chaos and a search for a couple of stool pigeons.

I can't figure out what would possibly motivate the Germans to do this. They support EU policy in this region.

We'll see how this plays out. If they throw the book at these alleged operatives, Berlin will not take it lightly.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

Soon they will rebuild.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yeah.. I´m German and I don´t know what the "aim" of the BND would be either, if this is true. Theres also the rumor that the 3 men in question are actually members of the Bundeswehr and were "hired" by BND.

Considering Germany was one of the first nations to officially recognize the independence of Kosovo, it´s very unlikely that they want "chaos" there.

The government and BND said they will give out information later this week.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by TimeBandit]

top topics

join