It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored Boy Behind President Gets Nationwide Attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I wonder how much hell this kid caught for this from his father?

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The son of Orange County Chairman Rich Crotty is getting nationwide attention after being featured on David Letterman's "Late Show" yawning, twisting his head and falling asleep at a rally for President George W. Bush.

Letterman's comedy piece called "George W. Bush Invigorating America's Youth" was edited video from an Orlando rally in March where several people stood behind the president during a 45-minute speech.

This part had me in tears laughing.

Crotty said his son was tired during the rally because he was so excited to see the president.

"Tyler was very excited about seeing the president," Crotty said. "He stayed up tossing and turning all night in anticipation, and then, of course, I had to drag him out of bed at 6:30 in the morning."

Crotty, who is a strong Bush backer, said next time his son will sit next to him.

"Tyler loves the president," Crotty said. "He's a great George W. Bush supporter -- I guess it kind of runs in the family."

Bet Secret Serv. had their eye on him at this moment.

www.local6.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

That is funny as hell!!! That kid deserves an award!!! I probably would have been nodding off too. Bush's ramblings are dreadful.

Mr. M

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
lol..that is really funny!

ok ok what Ats member was that lol...

45 mins is a long time for any kid to stand there listening to a speach...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ROFLMAO

People react different to torture.....LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As well as the controversy surrounding the White House liying about something so petty.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just a little bit of proof that the people in the White House are willing to do anything to prevent themselves from looking bad...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

New Watch from Dad to wear to the Presidents Speech $15.00

New Hat and Shirt to wear, trying to look like a normal kid $50.00

Missed visit to the chropractor (sp)... $125.00

The Fact that this kid really gets "it".... PRICELESS !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Uh, yeah, you all do know that The Whitehouse never commented on the tape being fake? It was a misunderstanding at CNN. No one, of course knows who told them that the tape was supposedly fake but it wasn't from the Whitehouse but someone on the CNN staff. The reported who first made that statement has offered to appear on Dave's Stupid Human Tricks segemtn as appeasement for it. That ought to be good.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
hehehe, those pictures are absolutely hilarious.
But what else can you expect from a kid present at a politcal speech.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He is nawing on his own wrist like a wolf ensnared in a trap!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
it just goes to show you the level of education and amount of parental invovlement with cultivating manners that bush supporters have (not all, of course! just the one's silly enough to go to a rally).

i mean a rude kid is one thing. but a kid falling asleep and acting that way on television is another. teach your kids some manners for crying out loud, you people!!!

other than that, this is funny #e. makes my day right here.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Uh, yeah, you all do know that The Whitehouse never commented on the tape being fake? It was a misunderstanding at CNN. No one, of course knows who told them that the tape was supposedly fake but it wasn't from the Whitehouse but someone on the CNN staff. The reported who first made that statement has offered to appear on Dave's Stupid Human Tricks segemtn as appeasement for it. That ought to be good.

Hi astrocreep,
Call me dumb, but is it fake or not? I'm confused 'coz was the CNN
clip released to worldwide pants, which is CBS (not Time Warner).
If i worked for CNN, i wouldn't hand it over.
S.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
But another kid and I were drug to see President Ford give a speech at the Pinehurst Country Club and Golf Course sometime in the seventies. We couldn't have been more than 8 at the time, so...

We snuck off from the stands and were playing on the golf course behind Ford. Hunkering down in the sand traps pretending to shoot him with the classic gun fingers...

This lasted about 60 seconds before men in suits grabbed us up by the scruff of our necks and carried us behind the bleachers screaming "we weren't doing nothing". My Grandmother reluctantly claimed us and was asked to take us home.

The whole stands were laughing as we were drug across the golf course. I don't know if Ford made a joke or not.

But in today's environment it would have been on TV and I'd have a file on me. It was amazingly no big deal then.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
But another kid and I were drug to see President Ford give a speech at the Pinehurst Country Club and Golf Course sometime in the seventies. We couldn't have been more than 8 at the time, so...

We snuck off from the stands and were playing on the golf course behind Ford. Hunkering down in the sand traps pretending to shoot him with the classic gun fingers...

This lasted about 60 seconds before men in suits grabbed us up by the scruff of our necks and carried us behind the bleachers screaming "we weren't doing nothing". My Grandmother reluctantly claimed us and was asked to take us home.

The whole stands were laughing as we were drug across the golf course. I don't know if Ford made a joke or not.

But in today's environment it would have been on TV and I'd have a file on me. It was amazingly no big deal then.

...and the land of the free.
S.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
it just goes to show you the level of education and amount of parental invovlement with cultivating manners that bush supporters have (not all, of course! just the one's silly enough to go to a rally).

Translation to English, please. That's a good current observation,
I think?!????
S.
Oh, and one hell of a sentence.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i saw this on the david letterman show and i thought that it was a fake. it was funny, it reminds me of what i do when i have to stand around (especially the sleeping)

since when is a kid in the background of a political speech? i thought only uber supporters went back there? i always theorized it was the leaders of the various nsa groups that got the people under them to vote for the candidtate they were behind. (as only they would recognize who was who).

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
ROFLMAO

People react different to torture.....LOL

LMAO!! OMG That's just Hilarious. Those pics just made my week.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thats as funny as hell Baked!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Hi astrocreep,
S.

Nah, I wouldn't call anyone that. As I understand it, the clip was first shown by Dave Letterman. Then, his comical rantings made the news in a story by CNN. AFTER they ran the clip and commented on Letterman's quip, they stated that the Whitehouse had denied that the clip was real and that the boy had been super-imposed in the footage as a prank. Once Letterman heard this, the let loose on the Whitehouse because the tape, boy and all was real and not fake. Once CNN caught their error they made a retraction saying that no one in the Whitehouse had made any comment about it and it was a misunderstanding by the CNN staff. Then, Letterman heard this and commented that CNN had made the misquote. So, CNN screwed up somehow as no one in the Whitehouse commented one way or the other...as its really not that damn important when you look at the big picture and the amount of world crisis its dealing with. I suspect they think its funny and apart from that don't really care...just like me.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

Originally posted by sanctum
Hi astrocreep,
S.

Nah, I wouldn't call anyone that. As I understand it, the clip was first shown by Dave Letterman. Then, his comical rantings made the news in a story by CNN. AFTER they ran the clip and commented on Letterman's quip, they stated that the Whitehouse had denied that the clip was real and that the boy had been super-imposed in the footage as a prank. Once Letterman heard this, the let loose on the Whitehouse because the tape, boy and all was real and not fake. Once CNN caught their error they made a retraction saying that no one in the Whitehouse had made any comment about it and it was a misunderstanding by the CNN staff. Then, Letterman heard this and commented that CNN had made the misquote. So, CNN screwed up somehow as no one in the Whitehouse commented one way or the other...as its really not that damn important when you look at the big picture and the amount of world crisis its dealing with. I suspect they think its funny and apart from that don't really care...just like me.

astrocreep,
maybe the kid is related to 'Comical Ali'.
S.

new topics

top topics

join