It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Obama AND McCain supporters....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Let me first start off by saying I am not a full out conservative, but did support GWB (Before the *hit hit the fan), and also a supporter of McCain, only because I BELIEVED that his stances were better than Obamas.

Now, I did not vote in the election...but my question to those of you who did vote, were any of you PAST supporters of George Bush and hopped ships? As much as I STILL agree with McCains views, I also find it hard to see how this "conservative" approach can do any better from what things have become? Yes, in my mind they seem more feeble but how great can they be if (for the most part) these ideas are what turned the economy upside down?

This is the ship I am stuck in. Were any of you in this same situation and how did you personally deal with it - voting/supporting wise?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I did not vote for either candidates this time around, nor did I partake in the re-initiation of the crook back in 2004, and did not vote for him back in 2000 either.

That is the problem most are having these days who used to support that crook, they see the truth now and switch sides. Well all I can say to that is why didnt you all listen and heed the warnings of this back in 1998????

Its a bit too late now to cry over what was now that there is nothing that can be done about it.

Your best bet is to simply take yourself out of that self pitty mode and get over it. Everone makes mistakes, no one is perfect, so please try to get out of that pitty party and recognize that everyone is human and can and does make mistakes.

The key thing...and I think you are realizing it..is that you learn from the mistakes and dont do them again! If you can recognize that, then you are already well on your way to pulling out of that hole of dispair.

Now go forth and recognize the BS as it is really is..and remember, steer away from it!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
double post...system error....flaw....glintch.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To those of you who do not vote; You have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!
Yes, I'm yelling. But if you can't take the time to study the issues, make a decision and cast a ballot, then you have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!
Even if you don't study the issues, when you get to the polling place, just ask some well meaning fool(there is always one around) how he voted, and vote just the opposite.
Seriously, I am sick and tired of people complaining about the government when they are too lazy to go out an vote.
Do you write letters the your congressmen conscerning issues you agree or disagree with? The main reason this country is in the shape it is in now is that citizens don't vote and they don't want to take time to get involved.
Sorry about the rant, but that's ust my $10.00 worth

new topics

top topics

join