It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat born with two heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Cat born with two heads

www.news.com.au

A KITTEN born with two faces is expected to live.

The kitten's owner and a veterinarian did a double-take when it arrived on Wednesday at Perth's Swan Veterinary Clinic after its mother suffered birth complications.

The kitten eats out of just one mouth because of a cleft palate but both mouths meow simultaneously.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Another strange freak of nature!

One head and two faces, really weird.

There's a picture in the link if you want to see it. Just a click away...

I guess it shows how versatile that life can sometimes be, right? It reminds me of the story a couple of months ago - the baby boy born with two heads. He didn't live more than a few days. At least this kitten seems to be ok.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Man, that's weird. I hope it's not in any kind of discomfort or anything. The article says they don't think so, as it seems content and purrs. That would be really freaky, seeing that cat meow out of both mouths simultaneously, as they said it does. Hopefully it can live a relatively normal life.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That is a little weird. I can not wait too see this cat a few months from now. I hope it does live a normal life. I think it will be amazing to see. I know it looks a little weird, but too me it is cute in a way.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Wow. If both mouths meow at the same time then both faces must be working on one set of nerves. That is to say they can't work independently. What will be interesting is whether or not the eyes can work independently and whether or not the cat can use them.

I can picture it eating now. It'll be stuffing one face while the other is pretending to be stuffed.

Since the second face is on the side on the head it reminded me of an instance in GoldenEye 64. On one level if you let the alarm of guards will span for infinity. Eventually guards start spawning that have 4-4&1/2 faces on one head in the same way the kitty has two. Creepy.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know if i think that's gross, cute or what. I hope the little guy lives a long happy cat life. Anyone ever hear of an animal with such an affliction living for very long? Sometimes I wish I had two mouths, it might be useful in an argument.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I officially predict that when it gets older, they will remove the "extra" face to make the cat look more "normal." Never fails. Can't have different. Different is bad in the human species for some reason I still cannot fathom.

new topics

top topics

join