It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US global dominance 'set to wane'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

US global dominance 'set to wane'

news.bbc.co.uk

US economic, military and political dominance is likely to decline over the next two decades, according to a new US intelligence report on global trends.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.southasiaanalysis.org
www.cnn.com

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to say about the article, I'm merely posting for the benefit of anyone interested, as there is a link contained in the article to the PDF of the full intelligence report.
I doubt anyone will be suprised by this surmisation; we've known for a while about the forthcoming rise of China in the worlds political and military arenas.
What suprised me most was the inclusion of India in the future competition analysis. That doesn't bode too well for Pakistans future, and India seems to be picking up even more speed as the months go on. Should this be a cause of concern for America? India I doubt, but China? We had a report in the news just yesterday of a big spike in electronic surviellance and sabotage emmanating from China, targetting military and large ecommerce interests. ANd what about relations between China and India?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Yeah, like we're going to believe anything 'US Intelligence' puts out. When they're not lying they're being stupid. Next...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac
reply to post by cruzion

Yeah, like we're going to believe anything 'US Intelligence' puts out. When they're not lying they're being stupid. Next...

Awesome! I guess we don't have to take any notice of them, ever then?
And why bother reading the articles, either?
What about the other link to Europes assessment that I included? Says very similar things to the US's assessment. I guess we shouldn't take any notice of them either, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is interesting and I was just looking to see if anyone else had posted already... so you beat me to it

It interests me as to what the future may hold.

Are we to see a mimicry of the 'Disney/Hollywood/flag waving patriotism' from other major dominant states?

In this case, China and maybe India or even Africa given enough time and support from other countries.

Are we seeing not only the demise of the USA, butt the UK also?
Is Europe doomed to being underlings after a several hundred year reign over the world, for use of better description.

What shape and form can we assume will be the norm for our children's children under the global financial dominance of countries and ideals such as that of China?
Will it be as it is now with strict control and order over everyone's lives, with memories of the exercise routines taken straight from the book '1984'.

Or will India or South Korea take over... maybe we are missing the affect the recent sale of the UK to the UAE has or will make.
Are we destined to some form of control the likes of which we had never ever dreamed of?

The USA has had a global dominance with things such as Disney and Mcdonalds which has been an 'entertain the masses for profit'. Will we see a return to 'make the masses work for profit' or maybe even 'work or be subject to ridicule and humiliation'.

Or are we headed for a far more subtle relaxation over attitudes, but with a stronger sense of community and awareness for fellow humans.

I guess the real race for role position is on and a lot of countries are in the running.

there are those who have military and/or financial might, yet this is beginning o show that this is not everything and the people will, and are, awaking to a better wa of living for everyone.

With a bit of hope, patience and the right things said at the right time, we may experience an awesome change for humanity.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well, a post-communist China running the show may not be a bad thing. At least with China we won't have the greed and corruption that plagues America. Or will we? Seems when people get in a position where they can abuse power, they invariably do. Perhaps it is human nature wherever you are in the world. Hopefully China will bring moral integrity with them.
I don't really know a lot about Chinas social system - I presume, with their communist background, that the ethics portrayed by corporate America and Western politicians will be abhorrent to them.
Then again, look at China in regards to Tibet...
I'm looking forward to India being more prominent, as I love good curry.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion

Originally posted by eniac
reply to post by cruzion

Awesome! I guess we don't have to take any notice of them, ever then?
And why bother reading the articles, either?
What about the other link to Europes assessment that I included? Says very similar things to the US's assessment. I guess we shouldn't take any notice of them either, right?

Er, yes, that's correct. Wow-- you really put me in my place with that stunning rebuttal. Did you pull your pants down to get some fresh air to your brain before you thought of that? Or maybe you weren't being sarcastic. Maybe the type of person who believes information coming from subterfuge and propaganda experts ends all their sentences with question marks.

In any case, if you want to believe in the bona-fides of these wonderful, competent, hard-working agencies, I won't rain on your parade. Maybe part of the black budget goes towards crystal balls with which they can foretell the future.

Or maybe some dingbat felt like they better justify their salary for the year by pushing out some meaningless, pie-in-the-sky 'report'.

Hell, if my theory is correct and they have a crystal ball, it worked great on stopping 911, and re. WMD in Iraq, and in Cuba/BOP, and in Iran with deposing the Shah, and in Venezuela, and in Afganistan with helping out Bin Laden and his chums, and in backing Saddam in the '80s.

These guys always get it right, and always tell us what they really think

May God bless their souls... no, you're right. We really should believe them.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by eniac]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

China?

Do I need to mention toys, milk, or their horrendous environmental policies? Do I need to mention their regard to work safety and hazards? Human rights and civil liberties? They don't have any ethics period.

If the US isn't the global hegemon then the only humane alternative is Europe or a trans Atlantic union of the US and Europe.

[edit on 22/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Eniac, how much of a condescending troll can you be?
Get back to your youtube comments.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by cruzion]

new topics

top topics

join