It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said if earthquakes strike in what geologists define as the New Madrid Seismic Zone, they would cause "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States."

"People who live in these areas and the people who build in these areas certainly need to take into better account that at some time there is ... expected to be a catastrophic earthquake in that area, and they'd better be prepared for it," said FEMA spokesperson Mary Margaret Walker.

Source

It seems like they are not predicting but warning of a impending quake...is this preplanned?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think they were showing a special History Channel program last night about this exact earthquake that happened 200 yrs ago, and was much stronger than the San Franisco one of.. 1906 ??

Was amazing to hear the written details from the people who lived it, and seemed to think the world was coming to an end, just then. All the aftershocks were just as horrific.
If the same one, then that is amazing... Of course, if happened before, it probably can happen again.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
urbansurvival.com...

More........

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

Dec 10-12 window

hmmm.... is that when they expect the huge quake?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Now thats funny, as this morning at 6am in london, the following happened. We where woken up by a humming drilling noise, that sounded like it was coming from under our home. It seemed like just our house.

But like i said in london, we live. But it was the first time i heard this. I thought it must be like what harrp do, and what the sound must be like.

top topics

join