It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama aides say Clinton 'on track' for secretary of state job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Obama aides say Clinton 'on track' for secretary of state job

edition.cnn.com

President-elect Obama is on track to nominate Sen. Hillary Clinton as his secretary of state after Thanksgiving, three aides on Obama's transition team told CNN Thursday.

Clinton senior adviser Philippe Reines repeated a statement that "any and all speculation about Cabinet or other administration appointments is for President-Elect Obama's transition team to address."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hillary will bring a much needed change to a job that has been often referred to as difficult and has been much criticized in the past

Hillary will after all have a role to play in the Obama administration.

Obama is building his team very intelligently and has the foresight and wisdom to choose the right people for the right job.

Hillary once selected for the post will also vastly benefit from her husband' experience as the President

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
Obama is building his team very intelligently and has the foresight and wisdom to choose the right people for the right job.

There is nothing quite as amusing as watching Obama supporters do a complete 360 on the ENTIRE campaign theme of "change." I feel like I am watching the Bill Clinton impeachment testimony again where the meaning of "is" has suddenly changed to something no one else has ever heard of, except now its happening with the word "change."

The theme of "oh, by change we mean anyone that didn't serve Bush" certainly didn't work during the primaries. We were told that Hillary Clinton represented old Washington and that we must vote for Obama because he would bring true winds of change.

Running on a campaign of sweeping change and then appointing those who represent the opposite of change in a very high ranking cabinet and bureaucracy positions?

That's change we can believe in. Oh, wait...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
TV News is announcing that Hillary just accepted the position.

She's okay.

Richardson would have been better.

(I've probably said that here a dozen times)

I can only imagine what Michelle is thinking right now.

Anyways - should be interesting. Love that 'change'.

edited immediately

[edit on 11/21/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
TV News is announcing that Hillary just accepted the position.

She's okay.

Richardson would have been better.

(I've probably said that here a dozen times)

I can only imagine what Michelle is thinking right now.

Anyways - should be interesting. Love that 'change'.

edited immediately

[edit on 11/21/2008 by FlyersFan]

Here's a link: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Always a one-liner.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The New York Times is now reporting that Hillary will be the next Sec. of State, talk about a Clinton comeback to power, and all after Obama promised change.

More of the same old good ole boys network, we need a new name for that by the way, some might argue but Hillary isn't a boy. But she is in the notwork of good ole boys.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yeah, here's the link to the official story and not a blog:

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton has decided to give up her Senate seat and accept the position of secretary of state, making her the public face around the world for the administration of the man who beat her for the Democratic presidential nomination, two confidants said Friday.

The apparent accord between perhaps the two leading figures in the Democratic Party climaxed a week-long drama that riveted the nation’s capital.

Mrs. Clinton came to her decision after additional discussion with President-elect Barack Obama about the nature of her role and his plans for foreign policy, said one of the confidants, who insisted on anonymity to discuss the situation.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
The New York Times is now reporting that Hillary will be the next Sec. of State, talk about a Clinton comeback to power, and all after Obama promised change.

More of the same old good ole boys network, we need a new name for that by the way, some might argue but Hillary isn't a boy. But she is in the notwork of good ole boys.

You don't need a new name...

It's called croniism.

Already been coined.

Oh and btw, as I have mentioned before, the change is in POLICY not PEOPLE. I never expected a change in people other than BHO as Pres.

-One Happy Obama Supporter

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

You don't need a new name...

It's called croniism.

Already been coined.

Oh and btw, as I have mentioned before, the change is in POLICY not PEOPLE. I never expected a change in people other than BHO as Pres.

-One Happy Obama Supporter

Um, has it occurred to you that it is THE PEOPLE who come up with THE POLICY? Its not like there is some huge disconnect here. The people you appoint IS REFLECTIVE of the policy they will create and support.

He is appointing people who represent everything except change, who will advocate policy positions that are nothing but a remake of failed policies.

- One amazed Ron Paul supporter that can't believe the kool aid people are drinking.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
the change is in POLICY not PEOPLE. I never expected a change in people other than BHO as Pres.

then you weren't listening to what Obama said. He absolutely said that the people in Washington were part of the problem and that new blood had to come in and replace the people so that that CHANGE could happen.

And so far - his policies aren't 'change' either.
They are just Jimmy Carterisms on steroids.

One Happy Obama Supporter

What flavor koolaide is he serving today?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My apologies to the OP--I responded to another thread about this that was posted after yours.

I will just summarize my point that a lot of people liked the Clinton administration and would be happy to have the peace, the prosperity and the zero budget deficit back again.

I have always thought Hillary Clinton was one of the smartest and most competent people in the country. I am delighted she and Obama will be working as a team together. Bill Clinton could be a real asset to them--he is very well liked overseas as well as very knowledgeable about foreign affairs and his services will be free!

new topics

top topics

join