It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody kind enough to help me with an avatar? :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I joined ATS in 2006, and after a spell of not visiting im back into it. I enjoy reading and creating threads. Im lacking an avatar and if im totally honest im useless with designing and have no software in which to do so.

My fav forum is of the Aliens & UFO's

Im just wondering if there is anybody out there who would do me a massive favour and design me an avatar. I think a spaceship beaming up a guitar, or an alien playing the guitar would be awesome (Im a keen guitarist lol!)

Now if anybody could do this for me i would be so pleased and be your friend forever

Its probably a bit far out or too ambitious but if you dont ask you will never know. Please feel free to message me if you think you or know anybody that could help. Thank You

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Google + Free Online Image editor + Free image hosting service + 10 minutes of your time = avatar

[edit on 20-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey daxman!

I'd let you borrow mine, but I like it too much... lol

I started a thread not too long ago about avatars, and had a really nice girl try and help me with my problem... Here it is... Avatar thread

If you check out this thread and find AshleyD and go to her profile, she has threads that she creates Avatars for people. I'm not sure if she still does, but she tried to help me with mine when I asked, so I'd give it a shot! Hope this helps!!

[edit on 11/20/2008 by ou_sooners_19]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Find an Image of a Ufo you like, go into ms paint and draw a box with the selection tool (the little dotted-box thing) over an area of the picture you like.

At the bottom right of the screen you will see two numbers, width and height. (they might not be in that order). Drag the box until the size is 160 pixels wide by 320 pixels tall, then copy it, open a new painting and paste it. Go to attributes and make sure the image is 160x320, and resize if necessary. Save it as avatar.jpg or something like that (not a 24mb bmp because those have too large of a file size). It should be a tall rectangle like my avatar. If you don't like the image that comes out, rinse and repeat.

After a couple of times you get the hang of it and you can make some really cool original avatars. If you have photoshop or gimp you can do some nice editing, like putting your screen name in it. Don't do that in paint though because it will come out cheesy.

Then just host it on photobucket or a free image hosting site of your choosing, and copy the http link and paste it where it asks for Avatar.

Congratulations, you're a graphic designer.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Greeneyedleo makes beautiful avatars! She made mine, and I just love it.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
thanks once ive designed it and uploaded (ove done it to photobucket) where do i put the link/url and what link/url do i put in>> Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
ah no its too big!
Grrrrrrrrr!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daxman

Just to get you off on the right foot,

ABOUT ATS: Avatar and Signature Guidelines

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok thanks everybody I did it myself in the end so i hope it looks cool

top topics

join