It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian web Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey I was hope some people here can give me their most favorite christian web sites their is?? Ones on christian news! The bible itself! Bible facts!!! What are the best bible colleges??? OR online free bible colleges that offer degrees uncluding masters???. Most of all I am looking for sites that are well known to explain Christianity and the hard questions in the bible. And I am looking for a site for Christian fellowship!

God bless and thank you!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My favorite is fivedoves.com. There is alot of speculation right now as to the date of the rapture. This is a pre-trip group mostly, but other views are tolerated and discussed. It is more of a message board than a chat site though.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here is some of things mainstream 'Christianity' doesn't want you to know, but is all true, if it is truth you are after, and all free...

The Resurrection Was Not On Sunday - biblical-truth.com...

Pagan Holidays or God's Holy Days- Which? - biblical-truth.com...

Why Do You Observe Sunday?- biblical-truth.com...

When is the Christian Sabbath? - biblical-truth.com...

THE UNITED STATES & BRITAIN IN PROPHECY - biblical-truth.com...

MYSTERY OF THE AGES - biblical-truth.com...

The Prophesied End-Time - www.the-end.com...

2008 - God's Final Witness - www.the-end.com...

More articles here -biblical-truth.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
leaderu.com - "one-stop shopping superstore" in the marketplace of ideas.

Koinonia House - To create, develop, and distribute materials to stimulate, encourage, and facilitate serious study of the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.

Blue Letter Bible - over 4,000,000 links onsite to over 165,000 pages of concordances, lexicons, dictionaries, commentaries, images, and Bible versions!

Bible Gateway - Another great online Bible

Apologetics Press - materials in apologetics

Koinonia House is probably one of the better ones to jump right into difficult topics. You'll have a lot of stuff spoon-fed to you there. Some of the best stuff there is audio so don't neglect that portion. Look around their site a lot. There's lots to purchase, but lots and lots of free commentary as well.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Here are some of favorites:

tektonics.org...
christian-thinktank.com...
Great for the sites you wanted about being able to answer tough questions and rebuttals to skeptic claims.

gracethrufaith.com...
I honestly cannot fathom any sane, reasonable person doubting Jesus truly is Lord and Christianity is real if they read all the articles on that site. I am a huge fan of that author and have never seen a Bible teacher who knows what he knows and has that kind of insight.

He also has this specific page:
gracethrufaith.com...
It references thousands of questions he has answered from readers over the years regarding tough questions.

I don't know many sites for Christian colleges and I'm not sure if posting links to Christian forums would get me in trouble for recruitment so the above is it for now. The first two links are great for running searches on specific issues you would like to know and deal with apologetics and the third site is just flat out awesome for everything but his main focus is in depth Bible studies and prophecy.

[edit on 11/19/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

hello there

The hard questions wil be answered by God to you in one way or another

what on earth would you need a masters for? That is earthly wisdom, my friend

If you have a questions then there are spirit filled Christians here and we can all discuss them.

even off line if needs be. All else is pure vanity as the Lord tells us.

God Bless and not meant in any other way tyhan a brotherly love type way

david

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Those that I use most frequently are:

The Holy See A HUGE site filled to busting with resources.

Catholic Online Another full site, I keep an RSS feed to their international news on my homepage and, again, full of resources. It's also the only online site I've found so far that features The Jerusalem Bible translation.

Universalis Use this daily as it gives the daily Scripture readings and psalms for the Mass and Divine Office

The Centre For Liturgy Gives some good reflection for the Sunday scripture readings each week with some good commentaries included.

Saints A great one for finding out who is the patron saint of different needs etc. with some nice brief descriptions of the saints and images and prayers where available.

These are the ones I use most regularly, plus biblegateway.com which I'm sure we all know about already.

join