It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warnings from top political figures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We have so much going on lately causing many to be concerned and worried. The financial crisis, the bail out, military possibly being called back to active duty, and so on. We also have those warning we heard during the election.
Biden
“Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy," Biden said. "And he’s gonna have to make some really tough -- I don’t know what the decision’s gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you, it’s gonna happen.”
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

From NBC Meet the Press Oct. 19:

www.cqpolitics.com...

"(Tom) BROKAW: If you were called into the Oval Office on January 21st by the new president, whoever it happens to be, and he said to you, “General Powell, I need from you your recommendation on where I begin. What should be my priorities,” where would you start?

POWELL: I would start with talking to the American people and talking to the world, and conveying a new image of American leadership, a new image of America’s role in the world.

The problems will always be there, and there’s going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.

And so I think what the president has to do is to start using the power of the Oval Office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and to convince the world that America is solid, America is going to move forward, and we’re going to fix our economic problems, we’re going to meet our overseas obligations.

But restoring a sense of purpose, a sense of confidence in the American people and, in the international community, in America."

So what is happening? It really seems we are preparing for something we are not being told about and something big.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery76

This topic has been covered in several other threads, As far as Biden's comments, i don't think he knows anything and was just making a generalization. Powell statement is true and nothing to be read into to deep. This is a almost daily occurance as president, was a hypothetical question and a good answer. Not a prediction, With that said..........

I do believe something big is coming. I don't mean to fear monger but, the signs and concerns are all there. I think It's going to be big, i do think the gov. knows what they are planning or have a good idea what it is and unfortunetly can't stop, just prepare for it. I pray i'm wrong or they change there minds and spend the next 4 years running free, but i doubt it.

What if the Gov. knew with 70% accuracy a 10.0 earthquake would hit somewhere in Cali completely decimating the area in the next year. Would they share that, create panic, totally shut down there economy and have to pay for an entire state to be relocated? NO! they would start preparing people, Having FEMA and response drills, have a push for blood donations, have police and fire drills, run a be prepared public campaign etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Opps, I figured it might have been discussed but was not finding it. Sorry.

join