It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big particle collider repairs to cost $21 million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I had never seen that particular "Advertisement"(For lack of a better word.) And is truly strange that there would be anyone but CERN knowing anything more about it than themselves.
And as far as "Has anyone seen this" interjection of the poster, book cover or what ever that is, I guess all I can say is "What the He**!" for a rebuttal to such a request from such an important group. And if that isn't enough, the exact same group researching for such finding's....

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I am sure, even if there is not the activation results they hope for, there will be some kind of other worldly finding's to somehow contribute to the world, either for information for new Tech. or for some other application to the multitudes around the world.

I like your insight C.H.U.D., there is going to be a lot of thing's coming from this kind of scientific research, and like you gad said, "Whether sought after or random, the finding's either positive or negative, something will come from this attempt."

And thanks for your deeper interpretation of your statement, it lays ground for you being a "Very" open minded thinker!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seb2882
reply to post by Allred5923

I've been wondering the same since they shut down LHC. How come nobody goes making threads like "LHC's hidden agenda", specially the same people which said this thing would compromise the entire planet.

So, it's odd to me too... and I kept wondering as well, maybe they DO have a hidden agenda which are conducting right now... who knows?
But even more interesting is the fact that I found no conspiracionists talking about this.

I was on a thought process of this "Possibility" and not conjuring up the "Doom and Gloom" that usually travels hand in hand with that kind of statement, and it wouldn't be represented to us, if by chance there were some other 'Sinister" agenda for the advent of this particular studies of this field of science.
I have looked very hard for any corroboration to the "Possibilities" of it being a "Higher than Light" probability, but as far as this post, there has been no evidences portrayed by the CERN, or any other groups associated with CERN, that this is happening, just have to keep our eyes open and our mouths shut until there is something to actually implicate such an act with "Tangible and verifiable evidence."

Thanks for your agreement of "Out of the Box" thinking though seb2882!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thanks Allred,

I like to consider myself a "creative thinker"

As for weather $21 million is money well spent, consider this:

The LHC cost almost $3.8 billion to construct. Seeing as we spent all of that, IMHO it would be criminal not to go the extra mile and consign the LHC and all of it's potential for new discoveries to the scrap heap.

$21 million is 0.55% of $3.8 billion.

Once working, the payoffs are potentially astronomical...

The choice could not be more clear IMHO

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Very nicely put C.H.U.D. , if were a MOD, I would "Applaud" you for that statistic of true research!!
I haven't really gotten any more from the LHC website or any other news from anywhere else for that matter, but I am keeping my eye's open and my mouth tight lipped for the day when everything turns out what they had initially built it for.
And it would be a shame to scrap the program, I always thought that, but your input definitely puts it all into perspective of what has been done thus far!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

If you haven't already Allred, checkout/download the LHC FAQ.PDF:

doc.cern.ch...

Some great info and statistics in there

I'm just trying to think about it in terms that the general public could relate to...

Another way to put it would be:

To scrap the LHC now, would be like scrapping your car because the fan belt needs replacing!

I think that sums up what I think about this issue, although I appreciate it is not an insignificant amount of money, and it could be used to do much good elsewhere, this is something that must be done if only to prevent an even bigger loss - the LHC is effectively a very big investment.

The "science haters" can moan about it all they like, but in the end they are just hypocrites, because they would not be here today posting on ATS, or perhaps even alive, if it were not for discoveries made by science in the past.

Science gave us the ability to do things like coordinate and deliver aid, and medicine to help the sick. Without carrying on that work, in the long run, would probably mean more rather than less problems for mankind.

Simplistic views like "$21 is a waste of cash for a repair" can't be supported with out first putting it into context, and the context in this case is very wide and has potentially far-reaching implications.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Simplistic views like "$21 is a waste of cash for a repair" can't be supported with out first putting it into context, and the context in this case is very wide and has potentially far-reaching implications.

And those implications of the initial "Successful" firing of the LHC will in turn show results, whether they be what they are initially looking for or something "Out-of-the-box" technologies and discoveries.

As far as the $ goes, you are totally spot on, I am surprised that there has been no updates of the LHC on the televised news medias or more written in newspapers for people of interest of this scientific attempt to actually t be closer than ever of seeing how we/earth/elements have came all about, and not too write it off as an "Always been there" or "WHo cares how it happened." acceptance.
It will be anticipated and surely astounding for lack of a better explanation.

I couldn't get the PDF downloaded as of right now, but will after I debug my puter, "Thanks for another great researched post C.H.U.D.!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join