It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm experiencing a phenomena can someone help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It seems that ever since I turned 21(I'm 22 now) that I have been hearing creaks that are in correlation with my thoughts (it's possible that it devolped when I was younger).I am constantly hearing them;I have come to deduce that these creaks are triggered by thoughts of frustration,confusion, and agitation as well as inane or truism's tabooish thoughts,and sudden realizations,could be more but I have come to narrow it down to that.It's not exclusive to my home I hear them elsewhere in my truck and other places.They can sometimes be real loud and distinct to small less noticeable creaks.I wish I knew what it was.I'm optimistic that someday it will eventually progress to a point where I will know the identity of this phenomena.Could I be developing telekinesis? Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is called synchronicity:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's different from coincidence. The basic idea is, there's two 'worlds' -- your internal, world of thoughts and feelings, and the external world of physics and things.

'Coincidence' is when events in the external world seem to have a subtle connection with each other. Synchronicity is when events in the external world seem to have a subtle connection with those in the internal world.

There's nothing wrong with seeing possible patterns - humans are pattern-recognizers by nature - just don't get carried away too much with what you label as 'truth'. Others will be able to tell you more; the phenomena is "perfectly normal".

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wait til you turn 23, my friend.

This is not a one line post.

Even if it was, I have no respect for the authority here.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hazelenoch

More detail on the sound. More detail on your thoughts. Insufficient information to establish a cause and effect. Guessing does more harm than good.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hearing "creaks" from within is a normal occurance as the body ages.

Just wait till you hit 40 and above...I hear lots of "creaks"!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

At twenty three I'm getting a little creaky and I try to stay in good shape. I have never heard of this OP, it sounds very odd. Good luck finding out what's going on, though I doubt you are developing anything other than joint problems.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You may well be on the way to experiencing a communication with your environment. Try doing the same outdoors, sit in one place and listen to everything at the same time. Try and amplify your thoughts and listen out for verification. Creaks are how it started with me and now I can read and hear all kinds of verification from lots of different sources and sounds.

It's all about trial and verification.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As long as you don't start assigning too much meaning to the sounds or start hearing voices, you should be OK. If the noises become disturbing or interfere with your life, it could be schizophrenia, but there would usually be other symptoms for this, such as a change in personal cleanliness habits or alarm from those closest to you that something is wrong. However if you have schizophrenia you might be the last to know, so compare your reality with others' reality every so often if you are worried.

The crossing of senses can sometimes occur in an otherwise normal brain: the taste of colors or seeing sounds, etc. It is usually just a glitch of the brain and does no harm to anyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Get yourself to the dentist/doctor, it could be "jaw" related. Wisdom teeth on the move (at your age) can play havoc with your mouth and the kind of thoughts you are having may cause a nervous "chomp", "grind" or similar in the muscules and bones that you are unaware of until you hear the result in your head.

Just an idea.

[edit on 17/11/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I doubt it's my teeth though I still have my wisdom.I'm not saying that I am responsible for ever creak I hear in my vicinity but I know which ones are cohesive. It could be the spontinuity of the thoughts( a sort of rush) that creates what I hear, a random odd thought.Plastic seems to be most vulnerable,for instance I'm sitting down and I have a plastic water bottle in front of me and it pops because of that thought also it takes place in my nostrils as well however rarely; no pain just a pop caused by thought.Other people hear them as well cause I've asked them but I don't say that it was me who did it.It can't be done intenionally.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sounds like clairaudience to me. Clairaudience is the ability to hear other realms and psychic thoughts. It may be coming through to you, by physical sounds in your head. When I have clairaudience moments, it sounds loud and extremely real. Scientists go back and forth as to whether its created by the brain, or just interpretted by the brain. Regardless- you are literally hearing something.

I cannot imagine how that must be to hear it with every thought. Make sure you get an MRI of your brain to make sure nothing is physically wrong with you.

HUGS
Angela

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

one question: do you suffer from high blood pressure? sounds like something that happened to a friend of mine.
when he'd get mad, aggravated, or upset i.e. when his pressure got up, he'd hear creaking sounds like you're descibing and sometimes popping. the doc put him on meds and it stopped, for the most part.
and since you say it happens when you experience the same emotions , might be something to check on. it's much like what i call "tracers", those little balls of kight you see sometimes running, or "floating" around the edge of your eyes, this is also a sign of high blood pressure.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejink

one question: do you suffer from high blood pressure? sounds like something that happened to a friend of mine.
when he'd get mad, aggravated, or upset i.e. when his pressure got up, he'd hear creaking sounds like you're descibing and sometimes popping. the doc put him on meds and it stopped, for the most part.
and since you say it happens when you experience the same emotions , might be something to check on. it's much like what i call "tracers", those little balls of kight you see sometimes running, or "floating" around the edge of your eyes, this is also a sign of high blood pressure.

I haven't been diagnosed but yes my blood pressure tends to be high, however as I mentioned it's not limited to just thoughts of tension but strange bizarre thoughts.I have yet to hear anything today though. Does anyone think the pineal gland could be the culprit here?

top topics

join