It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't beleive that a shuttle was just launched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
at this point I am very lost, I just seen a space shuttle launched
when the USA is starting to hurt from what looks to a economic breakdown
with the auto-makers possibly going bankrupt, and different states needing
money to survive.

what is going on here?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
to add:
the shuttle should have not been launched in the middle of money crisses.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
India just went to the moon.

Got to show we're still in the game, I guess.

BTW, wrong forum.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Umm...shuttle launches are planned well in advance and funded well in advance of what you all see on the tv today.

In other words, the money to pay for that launch was already allocated and appropriated.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyjames65

Like has been said already the money was appropriated for this launch way before this mess started. Shuttle missions are planed and funded atleast a year in advance.

Also Nasa really can't give the money back to the Government because as soon as it was appropriated Nasa paid the suppliers their money.

I guess you would have really had a fit if nasa wouldn't have postponed the hubble mission and went ahead with it then this mission huh?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My guess is that they are delivering "survival supplies" to the Space Station and letting the guys know they may not be back...... umm... anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think this is wonderful! It is also good for the economy to keep our space programs up and running, after all, people who are part of the shuttle efforts are employed when the program is up, and unemployed if it is shut down.

Here is a link for the latest shuttle news:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

From the article:

"The space shuttle Endeavor is set to launch this evening with an odd assortment of cargo—including live spiders, butterflies, and new technology to turn urine into drinking water. "

Insects in space, interesting!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
My guess is that they are delivering "survival supplies" to the Space Station and letting the guys know they may not be back...... umm... anytime soon.

Space shuttle Endeavour's STS-126 flight will feature important repair work and prepare the
International Space Station to house six crew members for long-duration missions. The 15-day
flight with its four planned spacewalks will primarily focus on servicing the station's two Solar
Alpha Rotary Joints, which allow its solar arrays to track the sun. (The starboard SARJ has had
limited use since September 2007.) Endeavour will carry about 32,000 pounds, which will include
supplies and equipment necessary to double the crew size from three to six members in
spring 2009. The new station cargo includes additional sleeping quarters, a second toilet and a
resistance exercise device. The shuttle also will deliver a new crew member and bring back
another after more than five months aboard the station.

STS 126 will also install the Leonardo logistics module with over 14,000 pounds of cargo for the complex.

top topics

join