It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Old Tale With a Haunting End?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If ever there was a man who was such a creature of habit that he might well return from the grave, then the Tramp With No Name is one. And there are those who say he does just that. Though he's been long gone, he's not forgotten, and surely must be a record for having the most photos in family albums of his area than anyone else who didn't ever have a name associated with him.

Is he worth looking for? Well, you can be the judge of that, after reading his tale.

The Tramp With No Name.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great find

His aversion to man-made roofs, money, and speaking are truly odd.
It makes you wonder if there's alot more to his story than anyone will ever understand.

Edit: starred, and thanks for posting that, great story!

[edit on 16-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Very interesting story, would love to hear more but I'm sure it's unavailable.

Makes you wonder what other stories are out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I thank all of you for the interest in this story. I found this in my rambling through some strange sites, and it struck a chord with me. A tramp with something that made him "special" to a lot of people. And a style all his own.

It is a nice story, and what struck me is that someone who would be so consistent in life, might well be as stubborn after death. If one wanted to look for a ghost, to me this would be a prime candidate; someone who was almost like clockwork in their habits. Someone with such inner compulsions that they acted in a way so outside the norm.

Besides, it's a nice heartwarming story, in and of itself.

I just wanted to share.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
If one wanted to look for a ghost, to me this would be a prime candidate; someone who was almost like clockwork in their habits. Someone with such inner compulsions that they acted in a way so outside the norm.

It was a great story
but as for looking for his ghost, that's when I become a big baby

I don't know why but ghosts, ghost stories, and movies about ghosts (especially ghosts of children) have always scared the ever-living begeezus out of me. As a child I was always told not to mess with things I didn't understand, (like ghosts for example) and I'v always followed that advice.
Sorry for going offtopic, had to throw that in there. For me it's one of those "sure you go ahead,
I'll be right behind ya" things.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

c
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I hear you! I never said I was going to go look.

But as a point of consideration for those who do like to take such chances, this ought to be a golden opportunity. The man made his "rounds" on a regular schedule, he was consistent for years, just "odd" enough to fit the profile of a personality that might not stop just because he died, and best of all, his locations are fairly well outlined.

So you and I can stay behind, to write up the story's next chapter, and those souls so brave or unwise as to tempt the dead, can do the work.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join