It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Electron Microscope images.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
World's smallest snowman
:

Have yourself a microscopic Christmas: The world's smallest snowman at just 0.01mm wide

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae2b0d2896ee.jpg[/atsimg]

The world's smallest snowman is just one fifth of the width of a strand of hair and is made of two tiny tin beads

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f1a112eefac.jpg[/atsimg]

A focused ion beam was used to carve the snowman's eyes and smile, and to deposit platinum for the nose

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Karl this is exactly why you are on my friends list. Great post as usual. It's amazing what things look like through an electron microscope.

I only have one issue. The Image of Microalgae is a misnomer. I saw some protozoans floating around in there.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Damod-thanks for the reply.

Good call on the microalgae and protozoans -don't realy know the difference but the pictures are certainly very impressive.

Heres a good one of the world's smallest toilet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a945a56c972c.jpg[/atsimg]

The 49th International Conference on Electron, Ion and Photon Beam Technology and Nanofabrication Bizarre/Beautiful Micrograph Contest

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Record grooves under an electron microscope:

Chris Supranowitz is a researcher at The Insitute of Optics at the University of Rochester. Along with a number of other spectacular studies (such as quantum optics, trapping of atoms, dark states and entanglement), Chris has decided to look at the relatively boring grooves of a vinyl record using the institute’s electron microscope.

Link

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks for that link, pretty much made my day. The universe, life, chemistry, geometry, it's all so beautiful. This existence is such a magnificent thing, and we as human beings are truly giants sketched out in the most magnificent detail.

One of the reasons I am in love with science and the progress of knowledge is that it always gives us a reason to forget our 'social' lives, as people living in an abstract world of our own design, of money and possessions and needs and desires; when we take a good look around we are forced to confront a truth which makes all of that seem so much smaller than what is actually there.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
THINGS STILL BEYOND ELECTRON MICROSCOPES

Here's a list of some of the things that have still beaten electron microscopes that the scientists are still trying to image with no success:-

- The asset value of the Dollar
- The improvement in the US housing market
- Truth in a Fox News broadcast
- The achievements of the European Union
- Halliburton's legal responsibility
- Obama's honesty
- Gordon Brown's spine
- Dick Cheney's humanity
- George Bush's brain

top topics

<< 1   >>

join