It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Endeavour Launches Into Night Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Space Shuttle Endeavour Launches Into Night Sky

www.foxnews.com

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — Space shuttle Endeavour and a crew of seven blasted into the night sky Friday, bound for the international space station and the most extreme home makeover project ever attempted by astronauts.

The shuttle rose off its launch pad at 7:55 p.m. EST, right on time, in a brilliant flash of light visible for miles around.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, this is definitely the safer mission if the two which were scheduled for this Fall. STS-125 Atlantis was scrubbed due to the High Risk associated with a HEO insert in order to Perform Maintenance on the Hubble Space Telescope. STS-126 Endeavour will be a much safer LEO insert in order to dock with the ISS (International Space Station), and perform "Home Improvements" Projects. These Projects include an expansion of the Kitchen, Bathroom, and Sleeping Quarters. Due to this, the ISS crew size will soon be expanded as well.

One of the most highly sought after improvements involves that of a Refrigerator being installed. I guess it is not too easy to attain a "Cold One" in Space.

This is all just in time for Christmas too. What a gift. I wish NASA could design an entire Mission around, and Shuttle me some Home Improvements when I needed them.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join