It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Texas Chainsaw DVD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has bought this, but if you plan on it, don't. I made the mistake of buying it before I actually watched the film, and it was one of the worst horror films I've ever seen. It rivaled "Resident Evil" in terribleness. I was not scared at a single part of the entire thing, and was highly disappointed at what a puss LeatherFace was. What horror movie monster gets their arm cut of by a butcher knife? Only one that is lame, that's who. The best part was the documentary about the guy who the movies were based on, Ed Gein. In conclusion, I wasted 40 dollars and about 3 hours of my life.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Are you talking about the recent 1? if so you are right it is scary at all

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
$40 FOR THE DVD? No a chance in hell. I was gonna buy it becauser I thought it would be as good as the original which I thought was good ( I was constantly yelling at the TV). But, this one wasn't good? Aw man, I guess I'll just rent it.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well I guess we disagree because I thought the movie was pretty good. But just to be sure people should rent it before buying.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whats the difference? i mean if you rent then you've seen it so why buy it?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Whats the difference? i mean if you rent then you've seen it so why buy it?

I like to buy movies I really like. I dont know if I would buy this one though. Although Texas Chainsaw Massacre was at least worth watching since you had Jessica Biel Wet for half the movie.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I just rented and watched it tonight, and I have to agree. It was not scary at all. The presence of the rather shapely Jessica Biel made it worthwhile, though. Normally I don't let attractive cast members affect my opinion of a movie, but she is so hot in this movie that I will make an exception.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Normally I don't let attractive cast members affect my opinion of a movie, but she is so hot in this movie that I will make an exception.

You Damn right! Jessica Biel = Teh Hot!

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
$40 FOR THE DVD? No a chance in hell.

The only reason it was 40 dollars was because it came with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which I thought rocked super hard.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
youll never beat the OG the new one sucks from what ive seen and thats fromnmthe trailer

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I just saw it.

It was Ok I like the girl, she was hot, and I like R. Lee Ermy, it wasnt great but not a bad way to while away a couple hours

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i thought it was good and i did buy it.

new topics

top topics

join