It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater likely to be fined millions in Iraq weapons case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Blackwater likely to be fined millions in Iraq weapons case

www.mcclatchydc.com

WASHINGTON — The State Department is preparing to slap a multi-million dollar fine on private military contractor Blackwater USA for shipping hundreds of automatic weapons to Iraq without the necessary permits.

Some of the weapons are believed to have ended up on the country's black market, department officials told McClatchy, but no criminal charges have been filed in the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.nysun.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Blackwater faces arms smuggling probe
Feds probe whether Blackwater smuggled weapons into Iraq

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have never been a fan of Blackwater. I have always thought that their presence in Iraq caused more harm than it prevented (That is the most polite way I can put it)

This article seems to imply that the State Department is really coming around, and starting to agree with my point of view. Hopefully the 'fines' mean justice....
DocMoreau

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's a money grab.. not a moral issue.

The state department wants a peice of their pie.. they don't care who it was sold to and why. Just that it was not done through proper channels.

Hence no crimminal charges.. Their all in the same bed...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

I guess you could call it a money grab.

But more like taking the pie back from the thief who swiped it while it was cooling on the window sill.

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
its not a case of `believed to have ended up on the black market` - there`s a video posted a year or 2 back of blackwater holding an auction for these weapons AND the US Army running the entire operation!

top topics

join