It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainfall may vary with sunspot activity yet Sun not cause of Global warming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Clicky!!

Source
The sun is nearly 150 million kilometres away, but it seems to have Earth's rivers on a leash. The flow of a huge South American river - and thus the rainfall that feeds it - appears to rise and fall with the number of sunspots.

Im not a big fan of the current 'Global Warming' scenario we are facing. I feel that there are a lot more reasons for Global warming than carbon dioxide and monoxide emissions (Which in my opinion are spotlighted so much because they are the easiest to make a profit from).

There are many studies showing that the earths temperature has been steadily decreasing over the past decade and that the ice caps on mars have been receding for decades. This research simply shows that humanities collective 'great minds' constantly contradict themselves and obviously haven't a clue what is going on.

the study should not be used to link any variability in the sun's activity to global warming, because it makes no link between the sun and global surface air temperature.

What?? This fella can't be serious..!! The suns activity does not affect surface/air temperature but yet controls precipitation??

[edit on 13/11/08 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

The problem isn't that the great minds constantly contradict themselves and have no clue whats going on. Its actually quite the opposite. The great minds and TPTB know exactly whats going on and, as you mentioned, exactly how to maximise their profit from it.

The problem is that the great minds need TPTB's money to fund their research and therefore have to say things like this. The fact that the general population have no knowledge of climate science only makes it easier. I mean look at Al Gore. Why would anyone believe him on such a complex issue when he couldn't even outwit GWB to the presidency.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
What?? This fella can't be serious..!! The suns activity does not affect surface/air temperature but yet controls precipitation??

there isn't any connection between rain and air temperature beyond the temperature needed for rain to become hail or snow.

he didn't say there was no affect, he said he hadn't measured the effect.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
there isn't any connection between rain and air temperature beyond the temperature needed for rain to become hail or snow.

I may be completely wrong here but I was under the impression that more evaporation takes place during warmer periods or under direct sunlight.

More solar activity = more solar rays = warmer matter upon contact & more evaporation

More evaporation = more precipitation which therefore affects the rivers.

he didn't say there was no affect, he said he hadn't measured the effect.

Possibly, the way the sentence was written leaves it open to interpretation.

[edit on 13/11/08 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
I may be completely wrong here but I was under the impression that more evaporation takes place during warmer periods or under direct sunlight.

More solar activity = more solar rays = warmer matter upon contact & more evaporation

More evaporation = more precipitation which therefore affects the rivers.

your not completely wrong, but equally, more rain requires more clouds, more clouds means more reflection of sunlight in the upper atmosphere, which would mean that sun spots lower temperature.

also wind speed and humidity also have an influence on evaporation.

it's not a simple as you're painting it.

[edit on 13/11/08 by pieman]

new topics

top topics

join