It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil COs vs Auto Makers - a totally made-up conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here's a thought I had today which I'm posting for no reason other than for others like myself to have fun with...
The price of gas/oil was driving to all-time highs as a reminder to automakers as to who wears the pants in the "family".

It goes a little something like this:

Auto makers do something (fill in the blank here folks) to upset big oil interests.

Oil prices (thus gasoline) start climbing on artificial fears generated by the so-called "prospectors' but who's main impact are the auto makers who create the biggest, most gluttonous vehicles available to the public.

To combat the upward trend in pricing, auto makers pledge their allegiance to exploring the alternative markets - hybrid, H2O, electric.

Big Oil - seeing the impact this could have long-term if certain "discoveries" are made mainstream begin to lower the pricing so once again - those Hummers and Escalades look attractive and affordable.

No I have no evidence to back this up and Yes, I'm too lazy to look for any facts. This whole line of thinking occurred to me today at work when a coworker said "hell, with gas prices this low I might look into buying that Tahoe now"

I also remember a footnote mentioned at the end of "Who Killed the Electric Car" which said how the patent for that ultra-efficient electric battery - the one which was bought by GM but never introduced into production was sold to Exxon or some other oil company after the car had been killed - thus rendering that patent extinct from ever being put into use.

Enjoy :-)

join