It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for wearing Mccain/Palin Tshirt at Obama pre-election Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You see the fascist state is already here folks!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The vid didn't show up for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
you just post the actual video ID, not the entire link.

e.g. "94N1TkuLWss" not "youtube/?v=94N1TkuLWss" etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
More on the story:

www.worldnetdaily.com... Philadelphia Police Sgt. Ray Evers told WND the man, whose name was not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

"He was causing large crowds to form around him," Evers said, adding that he also "was not listening to police commands."

"He was asked several times to leave the area," the sergeant said. "He refused several commands from police to leave the area."

The tape opens explaining that the man was wearing a McCain T-shirt at a street celebration in honor of president-elect Barack Obama's election victory.

The audio says police told the man to leave the area and he declined. At that point, the video picks up.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I do agree that this was a violation of personal freedom of expression. That being said, I'm sure we can all imagine what might have happened had an apparently inebriated McCain supporter, wearing McCain garb, wandered into the midst of those clearly impassioned Obama supporters. I suspect the police understood the magnitude of the situation and this likely played a role in their decision to forcibly remove him from the premises. What might have happened had they honored his full rights and allowed him to go where he pleased? A story for the Darwin Awards, I'd imagine.

[edit on 12/11/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip!... Did you guys see when the other cops came and grabbed his shirt? whoa!that wasn't cool

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
LOL Where's the ACLU when you need them? Assuming the man did nothing illegal or or otherwise designed to incite disorder before the video picks up, the dude should lawyer up and sue.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The probably decided that they needed to remove him for his own safety, that is a common way to get around laws such as freedom of expression. He was in a very hostile crowd, and if just a few people attacked, the crowd mentality could have made the whole crowd attack.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Did he have the right to wear the shirt? Yes. Did the cops do him a huge favor and save him from what would probably be a major ass whipping by a mob? I think so.
It is unfortunate that the examples we end up with to support our ideas all end up being the biggest losers that our society has to offer.
I didn't vote for Obama but that guy was just stupid.

new topics

top topics

join