It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Order Lets U.S. Raid Al Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Secret Order Lets U.S. Raid Al Qaeda

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — The United States military since 2004 has used broad, secret authority to carry out nearly a dozen previously undisclosed attacks against Al Qaeda and other militants in Syria, Pakistan and elsewhere, according to senior American officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.foreignpolicy.com

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am really surprised that no one has posted anything on this.

I did a search and couldn't turn up anything, but it seems to fit for ATS.

Is allowing SF operations in countries a good thing or bad thing? Will it prevent more widespread overt military campaigns?

From reading various sources it sounds like we are conducting operations inside Iran on a daily basis, and the recent Syrian attacks have been made public.

In my opinion, if we can perform surgical strikes inside countries covertly in order to prevent overt 'bombing them into democracy' then it's a good thing.

On the other hand, Rumsfeld was creepy and I wonder what else was going on behind the scenes.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS - I hate the Times, but this is important so I will let them slide this time.

[edit on 11/11/08 by emsed1]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Even though these people deserve to be bombed, we cant just go into another country and start attacking people. It makes the USA the terrorists to the ordinary people of that country. They should force the countries miltary to flush them out or face real international punishments.

Sneaking in by the backdoor may be easy, but its not good for americas image in the long run.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
Even though these people deserve to be bombed, we cant just go into another country and start attacking people. It makes the USA the terrorists to the ordinary people of that country. They should force the countries miltary to flush them out or face real international punishments.

Sneaking in by the backdoor may be easy, but its not good for americas image in the long run.

I just hope we can get things tied up and get our troops home.

It just seems like the more we fight, the worse things get.

join