It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-Based Domestic Spying: Kicking Civil Liberties to the Curb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Space-Based Domestic Spying: Kicking Civil Liberties to the Curb

www.blacklistednews.com

Testifying before the House Homeland Security committee in September, Barry Steinhardt, Director of the ACLU's Technology and Liberty Project, called for a moratorium on the domestic use of military spy satellites until key questions were answered. Steinhardt said, "Congress needs to act before this potentially powerful surveillance tool is turned inward upon the American people. The domestic use of spy satellites represents a potential monster in the making, and we need to put some restraints
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.goo gle.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Eyes in the Sky, looking now at us & why. ~Domestic Spy Sats~
If you feel that your rights and freedom has been taken during the War on Terror tell us your story

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am not to sure what to think about this. My first thought is that this is doing an end run around any domestic spying laws. Using spy satellites, last I remember spy satellites were all controlled by the military, if that not correct could some one please explain who it is who controls the U.S. spy satellites?
The border patrol using the predator is something else again. That at least could be justified I think at this point.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join