It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can dogs see ufos ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I wonder if dogs see ufos all the time; after all we all know that they can see ghosts very well. I normally take my camera in the evenings, set it at night mode and take random shots at the sky- hoping to one day photograph a ufo. My dog follows me every time, and sits quietly by my side as I snap away at the sky. Then one day I noticed him pointing to a particular area of the sky with his chin. I rapidly took several shots of that area. Later, when I viewed magnified images of this area, there seemed to be circular areas within the clouds in that area. I'm about to get an IR filter for my camera, in the hope this will give me better luck capturing a ufo. In the meantime, I introduce my dog to my friends as the ' ufo hunter.'

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Why dont you ask him?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Dammit
Drools a lot beat me to it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Goldfish definatley do !

They just forget 7 seconds later

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
My dog Gravy, (see avatar) points with his tail.........(here,there,here,there,here,there). good luck with your new IR filter matey

[edit on 11/11/2008 by scubagravy]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
Goldfish definatley do !

They just forget 7 seconds later

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The are more likely to see ghosts because ghosts are typically in the same room, or at ground level.

I have had a lot of dogs over the years (did rescue work) and only one has obviously ever looked UP. My Australian Shepherd, he looks up a lot and apparently has great eyesight, he spots hawks and barks at his reflection in the skylights at night (haha...well i like to assume he is barking at his reflection, creepier things have crossed my mind).

Must be an ancestral/herding instinct of somekind. Whereas I have also had a lot of Dobermans and do not recall them ever doing that (but they are more focused on two legged terrestrial threats).

So as to your question, I suppose dogs could see UFO's, but I don't think most of them are all that focused on the sky.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Pointless question...

Unless you dog is capable of understanding language or reading, it probably thinks a 747 is a UFO.. and the moon, sun, kites, plastic bags, etc, etc... mind you, some people that post here also confuse as mundane objects as these for UFOs.. at least dogs have an excuse!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To expand on what C.H.U.D. implied above...

...how would a dog discern a UFO from all of the "IFOs" (Identified Flying Objects) that are in the sky all the time? Why would the dog care to differentiate, since he doesn't know what any of them are anyway.

Planes, stars, planets, satellites, helicopters, meteors, balloons, and the rare object that can't readily be identified...these are all simply the same "things in the sky" to a dog.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
To expand on what C.H.U.D. implied above...

...how would a dog discern a UFO from all of the "IFOs" (Identified Flying Objects) that are in the sky all the time? Why would the dog care to differentiate, since he doesn't know what any of them are anyway.

Planes, stars, planets, satellites, helicopters, meteors, balloons, and the rare object that can't readily be identified...these are all simply the same "things in the sky" to a dog.

I agree, I think it was a pretty pointless question

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
how do you know dogs see ghosts??
has one ever told you?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks Soylent Green Is People

--------------------------

carlosox - Don't bother with an IR filter. Most sensors in cameras have a filter built into them which cuts out all IR wavelengths. So unless you have a camera with a sensor that has not got an IR filter built into it, you'll need to remove the filter yourself. Hope you have steady hands

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grifta
how do you know dogs see ghosts??
has one ever told you?

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest that dogs see ghosts; many accounts of people seeing ghosts and their dog staring and freaking out etc... Unless of course you believe neither people OR dogs see ghosts, which is a different subject.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My chihuahua can't speak but she does react. Over the past few weeks she flipped out twice-- BADLY! The first time, she was confronted by my father in his white hockey helmet and the second time by my brother in sunglasses and a grey sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head. I suppose each would bear some resemblance to a grey alien but whether that was what she was thinking in her little doggie brain, who knows? She snarled and snapped (apparently guarding me) until the offending outfit was removed in both instances. I have never seen her react that way to anything else (that would disguise a family member, for instance).

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dogs are much smarter than we think. They seem to understand through intuition what their masters want. My dog ( a Staffy, Australian cattle dog cross ) sometimes seems to hold long conversations with either my wife or myself. We are quite amazed when this happens, but are always mystified as to what he's trying to tell us. I believe this ' talking ' is peculiar to Staffys.
I have seen lots of ghosts, and invariably, my dogs usually tip me off before I actually get to see them. Dogs usually growl or raise the fur on their hackles when they see ghosts, whereas cats let out a scream and try to dash out of the house.
Every evening, when I tell my dog, " UFO, " he rushes out, sits on a vantage point, and starts scanning the sky. The sky above my home is frequently populated by aircrafts of all sizes. Caesar ( that's my dog's name ), ignores them all, and continues scanning the sky.
Of course this could all be wishful thinking on my part; but it is reassuring having my dog by my side while I hunt ufos.
Incidentally, from ufo annals, greys seem to hate dogs, and will zap them if they get a chance. A zapped dog typically lies on its back with all four legs stretched rigidly into the air.

top topics

join