It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anon leak steps forward: McCain aide claims responsibility for 'unknowledgeable Palin ' statements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You may have heard the controversy concerning Palin and her lack of knowledge concerning world news, events, continents, and so forth.

Now, a former McCain aide, Martin Eisenstadt, claims on his blog that he is responsible for leaking many of those statements to the media:

So yes, to be clear, last week I was the one who leaked those things to a producer at Fox News who works with Cameron. Carl and his producers are good guys, and I don’t want them to have to worry about protecting their sources (and going through the wringer ala Judith Miller or Matt Cooper) on something like this.

source

apparently because he feels that there is a responsibility of those in charge to 'inform the people'.

look...I never liked Palin, but I don't blame her for McCain's loss, mainly because it was the McCain camp who put her in that position in the first place. In light of the what's becoming clear about the McCains campaign team, and the performance of McCain himself on the national stage, it's more than unfair to make Palin the scapegoat for what went wrong with the McCain campaign, as it seems that his entire campaign was very mismanaged and disorganized from the very beginning. Palin was only a symptom of that. IMO, if this guy is upset with Palin's 'ruining everything for John McCain', the people who should bear the brunt of the blame should be not only McCain himself, but this guy also, and whoever else thought that it was a good idea to have her a John McCain's running mate.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by karby]

[edit on 10-11-2008 by karby]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I thought this was a very well-written article on Palin. It certainly lacked the typical media bashing that went on before the election and actually sounded for once like an unbiased story.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Gov. Sarah Palin denounced anonymous criticisms leveled at her by former John McCain aides as lies, including allegations that Republican lawyers were traveling to Alaska to reclaim her high-priced wardrobe and that she didn't know Africa was a continent.

"Those accounts are not true," the former Republican vice presidential candidate said in her first public comments on the matter since the election Tuesday.

and

As for the vice presidential campaign, Palin denounced criticism from unidentified McCain campaign aides as "cowardly." She said she found it frustrating trying to respond to false allegations when she didn't know who was making them.

"It's ridiculous," she told reporters. "You guys report based on anonymous sources, so it's hard to have a defense."

She's right. Since when is reporting a major story based on an anonymous source considered newsworthy? Take a story with an anonymous source to any reputable editor and they'll throw it in the trash.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Let me clear up some of the curmudgeoness spread by SOS37

Actually it happens all the time as long as the Anonymous person is not anonymous to the reporter as a source.

You see, as a reporter I may have a very credible source who wishes to remain silent. In that case, news companies would most defintely run the story.

join