It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In secret agreement, shell nets 25-year monopoly on s. Iraq's gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

IN SECRET AGREEMENT, SHELL NETS 25-YEAR MONOPOLY ON S. IRAQ'S GAS

Posted On: November 8th, 2008

Royal Dutch Shell oil company and the Iraqi Oil Ministry have struck a secret, as-of-yet non-binding agreement that gives a monopoly over southern Iraq's natural gas to the energy giant. It marks the first time in over 35 years a Western oil company has played a major role in the country's most lucrative industry.

Signed Sept. 22 and obtained by United Press International, the "Heads of Agreement" document — basically a legal framework for a contract — delegates Shell sole access to the reserves for the next 25 years, with an option to extend that term.

"There hasn't been much transparency in this agreement," said Ali Hussain Balou, chairman of Iraq's Oil and Gas Committee, in a report by Reuters. "They did not give a chance to another company. We want to know why."

The agreement does not allow Iraqi's the first rights to the natural gas reserves

Well thankgod they managed to get that gas deal signed before George left office.

25yrs control, with Iraqi's NOT having first preference over the fields, and the option to extend.

sounds like robbery to me?

www.republicbroadcasting.org...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Hmm, corporate interests getting sweetheart deals that will make them billions of dollars in Iraq? Can someone remind me why we went to war with Iraq again?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

In my opinion...you just answered your own question. Isn't this what they mean by "Transparency of Government"?
I have "known" for years now (7, I believe), that it was about oil.

Was there really any question?

Cuhail

join